Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What's one of your best Mabinogi experiences?

LunabeeLunabee
Mabinogi Rep: 930
in Town Square
Ages and ages ago when I first started playing, I unfortunately needed to report a player who was badly harassing a group of newbies (she was following them and calling them all sorts of horrible names for no reason and wouldn't stop). Not long after the report, I was mining in Barri dungeon when a game moderator appeared and informed me the player had been banned for a month. He was super nice and renewed my faith in Nexon caring about their players (at least a tiny bit, lol). I've never had an experience like that since but it was some pretty cool justice. I wish I still had the screenshots to prove it happened. Sadly they're lost to an old computer.

You guys have any stories you wanna share? I'd love to hear them! :)

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited July 26, 2021
    I've got a couple:

(1) Although my main character, now, is tall, my very first character had small ears for what was normal for their people. For several weeks, I didn't even explore Connous, I just putted around Filia, doing PTJ and abusing rodents with my wooden blade. I would only do Longa once per Earth day, since back then you only got 3 free bombs per day, and I needed them to do the dungeon.

Then, one day, I decided to go out and see the world. I headed west. I came to the river that separates Iria from Connous and saw the big bridges with people's names on them. In my innocence and ignorance I assumed that they must've been made by giants. Eventually, I found myself on the outskirts of Vales. Again in my innocence and ignorance I calmly walked past the guard into the town. Needless to say, I was quite surprised when the guard agroed me and killed me!

(2) I never started jousting until about three years, or so, after it got introduced into the game. When I first started, there was this particular jouster, whom always got the better of me and most everyone else; they were "the guy to beat". I decided to write down my matches, to see if I could spot patterns in the way folks played. It helped. Still, I struggled though.

One day, I tried clicking on the signs, in the jousting arena. The one, in front of Lileas, just parroted what Lileas said when explaining how jousting works, but the rest allowed you to watch the matches from either jousters perspective. However, if you didn't click on the viewing icons, in the sign, it showed you the active damage bars of all four jousting lanes, but not what attacks they chose. Oh, well. I kinda forgot about it after that.

A little bit later, I found the video record button built into Mabinogi. I instantly thought of the jousting signs and realised the implication: I could record matches and go back over the video to determined the attacks used by the damage inflicted. I could find the attacks used in matches that I wasn't fighting in. Those folks wouldn't know that I knew what they were doing. I could record up to four matches at a time. This greatly expanded my data collection rate and, because I could record the Sunday finals, the data quality. I felt like I had stumbled onto the secret of the Universe! i felt like a Goddess!
    Lunabee
  • LunabeeLunabee
    Mabinogi Rep: 930
    Thank you for sharing, Helsa! It's hard to beat those early memories, isn't it? <3 I also started out as an elf for my first character way back around Mabi's second anniversary. I spent a lot of time doing part-time jobs and exploring the area because an exploration event was in progress. It blew my mind the first time I warped and discovered just how many players there actually were. Lol Good times!
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Lunabee wrote: »
    ... I warped and discovered just how many players there actually were ...

I noticed but forgot about that. That's true. Filia and Vales are ghost towns, for the most part. As the game stands most of what you do in the game occurs in Uladh. So for new players that are not human they will have that same experience.
    Lunabee