Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Cooking Additions?

YangKoeteYangKoete
Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
edited February 27, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
YangKoete from Alexina here.

Anyway, what I've noticed with cooking (Like with other skills...) It's not exactly...finished. Not just with ranking, but a lot of ingredients and things that could be added to other things like the jams aren't used, and some things just aren't used a lot.

When you harvest barley, it'll say to go somewhere else for your stew-making needs, but I don't see any soup or stew that uses barley. Besides, the jams are laughably unused. Jam rolls, sandwiches, you name it, they could be used.

Besides...why can't we get stuff like buckets that can hold 10-20 units of water or milk? It'll take longer to get/use up, but it'd be better for inventory space.

Besides, the other cooking ranks could have some better things, like;
Slow-Cooking for things like Potroast, the Barley Stew, Compote (Fruit + Sugar + Water)
Freezing (With a new thing like an Ice Cream maker or "Flash Freeze" thing that looks like a box with a funnel, set it down, it uses some ice and using a ladle it'll test how well it comes out), stuff like Ice Cream (Salt + Sugar + Milk for a basic one, then use it with things like Chocolate or Strawberry or Blueberries to get other flavours)
Fermenting; Mixing Table and Ladle. Why? Because we could make our own alcohol that's actually useful, not just Wine Making. (That'd still be its own skill, but could be renamed or just kept seperate) There's already alcohol you can buy and mixed drinks to make, so making our own would be simple. Could even make some more grains and such/have a rice gathering area.
And for the last rank...Candy Making could be a thing, or even just Tea Making (For the more "Ceremonial" teas and such).
Fizzlepop

Comments

• nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    Well, while I'm not sure what rank it would be, what about "Smoking"? Like, to make things like Beef Jerky or Smoked Salmon? Also, I think "Simmering" (Rank E) would probably cover slow roasting, and Compotes would probably be covered under "Jam Making" (Rank 7). I do like the sound of your "Candy Making" idea, though.
    YangKoeteFizzlepop
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    It does make a good idea for smoking stuff. Eggs, Meat, etc.

What I'd still like more sandwiches, each jam/sandwich doing different stuff and actually being able to use the honey. . w.'
    Fizzlepop
  • FizzlepopFizzlepop
    Mabinogi Rep: 610
    I want a new cooking event SO BADLY I have a Mash-up on youtube With New cooking Items you can get and I have an idea for an event, Would Also be cool if some Ingredients had Special Effects. If you wanna see my Vid Def send me a message!