Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Updated Repair Costs

ChoCho
Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
edited September 5, 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions
I think there should be new, lower repair costs for certain older weapons. For example, Trinity Staff costs more to repair than a Celtic Druid Staff despite it having less damage. The Pilgrim Sword costs 30K per point, at a 100% rate, to repair versus the Fanatic Greatsword's 21K per point despite the Fanatic Greatsword being the more popular weapon to Final Hit with and have Piercing and more damage over the Pilgrim Sword.

The Demonic weapons all have over 30K repair costs at 100% but they aren't as good as the Celtic or Apostle weapons. The Demonic Illusion Control Bar costs 34K at 100% per point while the Celtic Control Bar is 9K per point. The Demonic Infinite Bow is at 33K while the Salvation Bow is 21K and has piercing which is makes it more desirable.

I won't ask that the newer weapons have increased repair costs but the Demonic weapons should have similar, if not lower repair costs now that they aren't the top weapons anymore. The Trinity Staff shouldn't cost more to repair than newer, stronger staves. If repairing is supposed to be a cost for players to spend their gold on, I don't think it makes sense to have players who can't afford the newer, stronger gear, pay more in repair costs than richer players who can afford the newest gear.

Some gear I feel should have repair costs adjusted:

Demonic Weapons (the Demonic Control Bar is nearly 4x more expensive to repair than Celtic Control Bars, the Demonic Staff is 2x more expensive than a Celtic Guardian Staff)
Heater Shield
Composite Shield
Buckler
*(Heater, Composite, and Buckler all cost more to repair than a Kite, Hetero, Dragon, or even Avon Shield despite being small shields and giving less Shield Mastery defenses)
Fire/Ice/Lightning/Combat Wands (The non-savage elemental wands and regular combat wands are about 17K per point compared to the Savage wands 15K)
Trinity Staff (Trinity is more expensive than the Celtic staves)
All Life Exploration weapons (their costs should be reduced by half honestly)
Taunes MK3 (Taunes MK3 cost more to repair than Black Star, they should have their costs switched)
Cross Empire Cylinder (It's just a Hurricane Cylinder but costs 22,721g per point at 100% compared to Hurricane's 8959g)

I'm probably missing other gear with high repair costs but there are also weapons that are virtually the same with different appearances like the Serpent Sword is a Demonic Death Knight Sword or the Antique Wooden Dual Guns are the Cross Empire Dual Guns.