Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Dungeon RE:Fine Update and the Beauty Update!
https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/69447/patch-notes-october-7th-2021
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Wish Upon a Star Candy

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,130
Posts: 1,504
Member, Administrator, Nexon
edited September 7 in Vault
Clodagh and Fovish are back with a new event! Have you ever wished upon a star...candy? Create and enjoy these delicious sweet treats for new rewards! Check out the details on the webpost.


Event Dates: Thursday, September 9th, After Maintenance - Thursday, October 7th, Before Maintenance

210903_starcandyevent_newsarticleheader_940x290.jpg

Comments

  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 63,645
    Posts: 8,622
    Member
    edited September 8
    Thanks for returning royal academy crystals, this will help procrastinators...like me. :D

    I hope these will continue to be a recurring item, not only for me but also for latecomers.
    Letrie
  • KisarayaKisaraya
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,710
    Posts: 92
    Member
    Terrible drop rates for the summons. Ran 2 shadow missions and 2 dungeons at a fairly decent level and bupkiss. If we're expected to run these with 8 full people just so 1 person can get it, then let us know. Treating it like "oh it's easy to get" really annoys me. Not everyone has 10+ hours of play a day to participate in an event.
    SherriGretaLetrieJianto
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,125
    Posts: 2,710
    Member
    edited September 9
    Kisaraya wrote: »
    Terrible drop rates for the summons. Ran 2 shadow missions and 2 dungeons at a fairly decent level and bupkiss. If we're expected to run these with 8 full people just so 1 person can get it, then let us know. Treating it like "oh it's easy to get" really annoys me. Not everyone has 10+ hours of play a day to participate in an event.

    I've just ran 5 (hard difficulty) shadow missions by the time i'm typing this (and will probably do more) and haven't gotten anything yet either.. is it even able to drop or did we get epically pranked? lol

    edit: 9 times, nothing
    happy Cirno day everyone
    Letrie
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,505
    Posts: 201
    Member
    the trolling its hard in this event... i am just going to skip it, i am not gonna follow their game, btw 1 more trolling from the staff, a friend found that nowhere to run mission got heavily nerfed, didnt even worth to run it anymore.
  • LunabeeLunabee
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    Posts: 15
    Member
    I ran a bunch of shadow missions on Elite, tried Avon hardmode missions, and then hoped spamming Alby might work because I don't have all day. Sadly nothing. Looks like yet another second title I'll miss out on. Really disappointing the drop rate is so low on this...
    Letrie
  • stormhammerstormhammer
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,125
    Posts: 43
    Member
    found 2 tickets today while spamming SMs for stardust mats. May have ran about 40 total over the course of the day. Just ballparking numbers, I ran about 70% beginner level SMs, 20% hard, and 10% elite. I am 100% sure 1 ticket drop was from a beginner level SM. The other, im not sure, but odds are it was beginner level as well.

    I'll probably keep spamming beginner level SMs, since it seems like its been working out for this event at least.

    Here's hoping good samaritans just spawn the tickets in the middle of dunby 24/7 :P
    Letrie
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,465
    Posts: 198
    Member
    i did like 20 dungeon runs and not a single thing. sounding like this event isn't worth my time when i could spend it on any other game and make progress.
    LunabeeGretaSherriLetrieJianto
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,210
    Posts: 252
    Member
    edited September 10
    The Meow thinks that people who need 5-10 minutes to run a hard dungeon or shadow mission are being ridiculous talking about not having enough time. They don't really need much time. A common person spends the same amount of time to do a single dungeon as them to do five-to-ten runs. Bet you wouldn't even consider doing that if you spent as much time on a single run. Get behind and make way for those who enjoy the process.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,735
    Posts: 6,946
    Member
    edited September 10
    Ran like 10 Hard mode Shadow Missions, nothing... Then I went to try luck on Avon Martial Arts tournament and finally got one after 4 rounds. Wasted like almost 1 hour just for mere 5 daily star candy limit... This event is dumb.
    Musicat wrote: »
    The Meow thinks that people who need 5-10 minutes to run a hard dungeon or shadow mission are being ridiculous talking about not having enough time. They don't really need much time. A common person spends the same amount of time to do a single dungeon as them to do five-to-ten runs. Bet you wouldn't even consider doing that if you spent as much time on a single run. Get behind and make way for those who enjoy the process.

    No, you are being ridiculous for thinking that running every day for god knows how long to get little to nothing rewards is totally okay. Also the way you write in role-playish manner is the most ridiculous crap you can see in these forgotten forums. Stop it, okay? People got better things to do than do tedious events just because for some items they want to have. You probably would say to just not do it, but who doesn't like free new items when it's available? Doesn't matter if it takes to run 5 minutes or less, but same repetitive actions really get to some people, especially when you have done this for years already.
    LunabeestormhammerSherriLetriemintiel
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,210
    Posts: 252
    Member
    edited September 10
    Is subject @Greta implying that they don't get the shadow missions' rewards? And by "god knows how long" they just literally meant 1 to 2 hours, judging by the intel. Like The Meow has said, awfully ridiculous. And what's that with wanting something that's available for free? You sound like a child who doesn't have control over their desires and cannot weigh price and options. And you were stating that you were not lucky enough with the drops, however, it took you only an hour to reach the daily limit. Sissy.

    It is true that the event is basically aiming at players who spend a lot of time doing shadow missions and clearing dungeons. But that doesn't mean anything that some people might have imagined.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,735
    Posts: 6,946
    Member
    Just literally did 40 rounds of Erinn Martial Arts Competition until i got a single ticket. Seriously. Nearly broke my weapon and my strongest pet is left with no summon time.
    Letrie
  • LunabeeLunabee
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    Posts: 15
    Member
    edited September 10
    Greta wrote: »
    Just literally did 40 rounds of Erinn Martial Arts Competition until i got a single ticket. Seriously. Nearly broke my weapon and my strongest pet is left with no summon time.

    I think the main problem we're all experiencing here is we're trying to solo stuff for this when we should probably be getting in big groups and doing Erinn Martial Arts Competitions together. I know, it can be really hard to get groups going but I think it's our best bet. I finally got lucky and actually got a summon ticket from the first round today.

    Edit: Just got another one on the 5th round. I think I've used up all of my luck for this event now. lol
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,735
    Posts: 6,946
    Member
    edited September 10
    Lunabee wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Just literally did 40 rounds of Erinn Martial Arts Competition until i got a single ticket. Seriously. Nearly broke my weapon and my strongest pet is left with no summon time.

    I think the main problem we're all experiencing here is we're trying to solo stuff for this when we should probably be getting in big groups and doing Erinn Martial Arts Competitions together. I know, it can be really hard to get groups going but I think it's our best bet. I finally got lucky and actually got a summon ticket from the first round today.

    Edit: Just got another one on the 5th round. I think I've used up all of my luck for this event now. lol

    Yes, i was making that conclusion already after few first runs, but i really don't like waiting and hoping to find anyone wanting to join running any of these, especially when Alexina is so dead and everyone are fishing now. Also there's a chance that others won't share their tickets because this is internet we talking about and you should trust no one here.
    I hate how Nexon on some weeks gives none or barely any events and when they slap many events at once all of sudden. This pattern is really bad.
  • LunabeeLunabee
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    Posts: 15
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    Yes, i was making that conclusion already after few first runs, but i really don't like waiting and hoping to find anyone wanting to join running any of these, especially when Alexina is so dead and everyone are fishing now. Also there's a chance that others won't share their tickets because this is internet we talking about and you should trust no one here.
    I hate how Nexon on some weeks gives none or barely any events and when they slap many events at once all of sudden. This pattern is really bad.

    Not sure if you used a summon ticket yet (I just did) but it looks like these sprites really can take a beating and I got more than enough candies for the day (WAY too many - sad they'll disappear). I did it with my husband just to test it out and will be using them in the market channel from now on so others can get theirs, too. This is a great event for us all to work together. The more people who realize these really are meant to be shared I think more will use them openly for others to fulfill their daily limit.

    For anyone who doesn't know; When you hit the sprite, the candies go directly into your inventory so there's no chance they'll get lost on the ground. They don't automatically stack so you'll need to hit the stack option at the top of your inventory every so often if you don't have enough space.

    Musicat
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 63,645
    Posts: 8,622
    Member
    edited September 10
    Just hang out near shadow missions area, eventually someone will summon one there. Just listen for it.
    Sherri
  • MizukoMizuko
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,020
    Posts: 298
    Member
    The Star Candy event and the Family Fishing event don't mix together. So, I am not doing the Star Candy event.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,735
    Posts: 6,946
    Member
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Just hang out near shadow missions area, eventually someone will summon one there. Just listen for it.

    Got no time to idle around and sit for a chance of it. I'm not on Nao you know lol.

    BUUUTT, today i got a ticket just after 10 rounds and when i went to Dunbarton thinking to use it there since i felt generous enough today to leave it in open place and guess what? On the way there i find someone else's spawned Sprite! Man, this must be karma.
    It just sucks that it's so RNG and when i feel too weak (got a vaccine yesterday) to do this, but i have to because this is limited time event.
  • aeternitisaeternitis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,610
    Posts: 128
    Member
    Mizuko wrote: »
    The Star Candy event and the Family Fishing event don't mix together. So, I am not doing the Star Candy event.

    I'm not doing fishing this time (I still have hundreds of Boys Lost Boxes from two times back). So I'm spawning sprites in Emain West for you guys when I can.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 63,645
    Posts: 8,622
    Member
    edited September 12
    Greta wrote: »
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Just hang out near shadow missions area, eventually someone will summon one there. Just listen for it.

    Got no time to idle around and sit for a chance of it. I'm not on Nao you know lol.

    BUUUTT, today i got a ticket just after 10 rounds and when i went to Dunbarton thinking to use it there since i felt generous enough today to leave it in open place and guess what? On the way there i find someone else's spawned Sprite! Man, this must be karma.
    It just sucks that it's so RNG and when i feel too weak (got a vaccine yesterday) to do this, but i have to because this is limited time event.

    I seem to be having more luck standing next to the star candy npc's.

    As a courtesy to the community, please summon the candy sprites near the candy npc's. Thank you.
  • Animelove89Animelove89
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    Posts: 145
    Member
    I feel like the drop rate for Candy Sprite Summoning Scroll is way too hard to obtain. 41 Shadow Missions and Not even one scroll. I don't have time to do this even considering going to work and spend several hours doing Shadow Missions.