Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Question about Jam Session

Evil PacmanEvil Pacman
Mabinogi Rep: 600
in General Chat
Okay, so it's been several years since I've last played this game, and I'm a pretty big fan of the mml and music playing side of Mabinogi. I got on recently and told that Jam Session was changed recently to guarantee (or atleast increase) successes with jams.

How accurate is this? Does everyone have to be close to the same rank of the score scroll or something? I can't seem to find any information about this update.

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,390
    edited September 13, 2021
    Okay, so it's been several years since I've last played this game, and I'm a pretty big fan of the mml and music playing side of Mabinogi. I got on recently and told that Jam Session was changed recently to guarantee (or atleast increase) successes with jams.

How accurate is this? Does everyone have to be close to the same rank of the score scroll or something? I can't seem to find any information about this update.

Jam hasn't changed there are just two ways to jam now. The old jam you are familiar with is still there with the same "charm". The new action has guaranteed success, but comes with an annoying mini-game and show-boating emoting. If you want to write multi-part scrolls for it then the trick now is to place a few measures-worth leading whole rests. With the new jam action folks can join in during the midst of it. With the leading rests it gives time for everyone to get on board before the music starts.

There is also a music dungeon (a version of Math). Look it up. Among the loot are items which let you combine scrolls together to make longer compositions. They're a little tricky to work with and you may have to burn a few learning how it works.