Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Candy event annoyance

SyriniaSyrinia
Mabinogi Rep: 615
in General Chat
hey i know i cant be the only one that during week one of the candy fairy event i couldnt get a pass to drop to save my life so how about cutting me and everyone else some slack and give us another 2 days per catagory of candies (different color ) so that we can get that sweet title that we worked so hard for , and befor ppl rant me to death understand that i dont have alot of friends to depend on for summons and dont have a huge supporting guild either

Comments

• StormbeastStormbeast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,300
    So a few issues with this request:
    The time frame - the event is over in less than 3 days out of a 4 week period, yet you mentioned problems during the first week. There were actually many people questioning the drop rate during the first day (me included). Maybe asking for an extra day or 2 for that color would have been reasonable, but for extra days for every color is much more than just that.

The affected - so the quest was specific about needing 25 candies of each color. If you were only doing the event for the title, after missing any week of the event, it'd would be mostly pointless to keep grinding for it. So it is highly likely that most who didn't finish week 1 didn't even get close to finishing all of the other weeks. Thereby nullifying the actual use of giving 2 days instead of an extra 5 days each (which I'm not suggesting)

As for lack of friends or an active guild, it's may be a reason, but it's not a valid excuse. I play primarily with my IRL wife and child. Our guild has ~10 daily players. Every day I see bugles announcing sprite summons for players, and see plenty that are spawned at the NPCs and both Stonehenges. There was even a forum thread that asked players to summon their sprites in populated areas to help others, as well as the summon restrictions that pushed it as well.

Lastly, This event has been boring and extending it would be bad for the majority of the playerbase. The players who grinded the event and the players who don't care about it (or missed too many days for a 2 day/color extension to matter) wouldn't support that move. The best use of the event has been daily rebirths which isn't a huge difference for casual players who can't devote hours to releveling every day.

I know it feels bad to miss out on a good title, but I assure you there will be title coupons up on the AH as early as today.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Yeah it really sux when you fall just short in an event. Sympathies. :)
  • UnpayedUnpayed
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    Missed it, but I only used the remaining candy for that sweet 700 Skill EXP (350 on the third and fourth) and the second, rebirth/exp/whatever.