Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

coming back

KidtruckerKidtrucker
Mabinogi Rep: 310
in General Chat
hello i started back in g3 what's all happened since Kidrucker from Mari server atm im trying to download the game i played in my teens now im 28 is the community still alive
Crimsọn

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Kidtrucker wrote: »
    hello i started back in g3 what's all happened since Kidrucker from Mari server atm im trying to download the game i played in my teens now im 28 is the community still alive

The bad news: Mari Server no longer exists.
    The Good news: Mari, Ruairi, and Tarlach were rolled into one server called Nao; and it's hap'nin.

You no longer download the client then run it. You have to download the Nexon game launcher first, install it then run it. You launch the game through it.

There have been many MANY changes. You'll see a lot of power creep. The biggest single change is that the load times for skills have been tacked on to the cool down times, but monsters and summoned entities still use the old combat system. This makes one on one combat versus monsters possible and therefore more interesting. The idea of taking them down before they take you down is not the same thing anymore.

The community is available on multiple platforms. Since folks have differing preferred platforms, it means that the community is distributed amongst them rather than all together in one spot.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Make sure you start the memory book quests, there are tons of levels and ap to be had from completing them, seriously. Every quest completed will get you to level 123 and at that point I recommend just popping a rebirth potion and rebirthing again and again up to level 5000. You missed a good majority of the Master Plan event but that's ok, it's a bi-annual event and it will return by summer.

My name is Crimson in game, if you need help with anything please feel free to message me. Additionally we also have an official discord server which you can access here: https://discord.com/invite/mabinogi
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    ... and don't forget to visit duncan often to lower all your skills back to rank F. This does two things for you. It lowers your stats making Combat Power sensitive skills much easier to train and it also allows you to borrow AP from yourself. When duncan lowers you skills your AP invested into them is returned to you. You do not have to retrain the skills, just feed the AP back into them. Mastering and Danning skills though are a different matter. If you lower your skills all their progress is lost. So save mastering and danning until after you've boosted, and perhaps lowered, all you skills to rank one.