Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mass-Scale Echo-Chambre(s)

HabimaruHabimaru
Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
edited January 17, 2022 in Town Square
Spoiler-Content : Disclaimer-Notice
Disclaimer : For those of you who have historically used my past posts as your submissions for your homework (assuming that you are even still around), even though the topic/title of this thread does sound like something worthy of essay writing, even going so far as to thank me for doing your homework and later on even responding to those past threads that you were even graded with an «A» for your submission(s), the minimal-content that I will be putting into this post/thread probably won't be sufficient for any homework-assignments (although I do appreciate letting me know that your teachers seemed to be impressed enough with the content I provided so as to Grade your submission with A's).
Spoiler-Content : Large Visual-Image of Under-Ground Walk-Tunnel Representing Echo-Chambre
echochamber-pic-940x576.png
The term «Echo-Chambre» has been an important term in the field of psychology (and seems to be gaining even more use at least amongst «non-normie» circles anyway). For it to be a «mass-scale» phenomenon though... that is because, apparently, each and every single Age/Era, the mass-populace always seems to be so arrogant as to think/believe that they have «already figured it all out» like they are some-how blind to the «history» of the fact that false-beliefs have been perpetuated throughout all of history en-masse by even the masses.

Historic-Examples as follows in the following spoiler...:
* False-Belief in the idea that Messages could not be sent at speeds faster than a Horse-Courrier
* False-Belief in the idea that Heavier-Than-Air Flying Machines were/are Impossible
* False-Belief in the idea that Pictures cannot be made to Move
* False-Belief in the idea that Continents cannot Float
* False-Belief in the idea that the Solar-System was/is Geo-Centric (although this has again become debatable but for half-truth reasons)
* False-Belief in the idea that such phenomenon as «Ball-Lightning» does not exist or is impossible or violates some law (turned out, I learned recently from a 2004 Scientific-Conference, that «Dark-Matter» was the term used in order to replace what should be called «Free-Energy» or «Zero-Point Energy» but, apparently, they didn't want to associate themselves with anything that might be called «Cold-Fusion» and, also, intentionally chose the term Dark-Matter with the reason that they wanted to make it as «vague» as possible, yes, and, I really do quote that word, that they literally used : «vague»)
* False-Belief in the idea that Sounds could not be Reproduced without a Ventriloquist
* False-Belief in the idea that Rocks do Not Fall From the Sky (the French Academy of Sciences was then forced to retract this statement/stance/belief after a Meteor/ite landed near them creating a giant crater in a nearby mountain)
* False-Belief in the idea that whole libraries worth of info written in books could be stored in a box smaller than the size of a dog
* Even Ohm's Law was historically rejected during his time, and, factually vilified and vehemently attacked and opposed for over twenty (20) whole entire years even after Georg Simon Ohm's passing away until his formula was finally vindicated by future-generation academics
* Mass-Formation Psychosis (this term is apparently being banned now for some reason and even being removed from search-results)
This is why I do my research/homework first on any particular given topic before I go about «metaphorically trying to remove the sliver/speck of dust out of another's eye» for the sake of making sure that there is not some log or beam within mine own.
    No results for this poll