Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Star piece event restrictive

SamuelalexSamuelalex
Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
in Feedback and Suggestions
The new star piece events is only available for people who can spam shadow missions which are not an option for people with older computers. tailteann and Tara constantly crash me with memory errors using more than 3 GB of physical memory which in turn causes me to get into a crash loop in these areas.

Previous events like this have been CP based allowing you to find event items based on killing monsters in any region with higher CP monster having better chances of dropping the event items. This event should be changed to allow everyone to participate not just people who have the best equipment avaliable.

My suggestion here is to make sure events are available to all players with several ways to complete them such as fighting CP based foes and completing dungeons or shadow missions.

IGN Samuelalex
Server Mari

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 1, 2017
    I suggest you to buy new computer then, how are you supposed to play game if you can't even enter some places you need because you crash? Honestly, i never met a player who could never enter Tara or Tailteann because of that. I have no idea how old your computer must be to have such problem running such an old game, even my bf could run Mabinogi on 6+ year old laptop. Also, did you try to reduce graphics and such in your game options or that didn't help you at all?
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    The problem i have is there is a major memory leak with Mabinogi. It uses close to 2 GB ram when it is first loading then continues to climb to 3 GB plus when I'm actually doing things. When I try to go into Tara or Tail I get memory errors because these areas are excessively big I'm guessing so they take a considerable amount of memory to load compared to others. When I try to enter it shows my free memory drop to zero in a matter of seconds which seems really strange since I don't have any problems elsewhere. According to Nexon's website 4GB memory should be enough to run the game, but apparently it is not since I encounter these memory related problems frequently :c

I guess here's hoping next event isn't going to be in these towns or I'm going to miss out again just like the Valentine's one in Tara.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I have 4GB memory laptop, lucky me everything runs fine, but i must admit that when i enter Tara area it takes a few more seconds to load it when usually entering other places. They should somehow fix Tara in my opinion.
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    I'm thinking about upgrading to 8 GB ram, but I don't know if it will help any. I think certain places just overload my computer. Tara, Tailteann and Belvast send me into a crash loop where i load up get black screen here beeping noises then crash so not really sure what the problem is. For now I can do my best to avoid such places and do what I can elsewhere.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Samuelalex wrote: »
    I'm thinking about upgrading to 8 GB ram, but I don't know if it will help any. I think certain places just overload my computer. Tara, Tailteann and Belvast send me into a crash loop where i load up get black screen here beeping noises then crash so not really sure what the problem is. For now I can do my best to avoid such places and do what I can elsewhere.

well buying more ram is certainly cheaper then buying a new computer. however if everything else in the computer is old and out of date buying a new computer may be best. it also depends on if your computer is a laptop or desktop. if you are using a desktop it is much easier and cheaper to add more ram or other parts yourself as long as you know what you are doing.
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    I have a desktop but upgrading things is a bit tough for me because I am disabled with limited income therefor I am looking to modify things a little at a time as cheaply as possible. If Ram does not work I think next step will be video card because on board graphics do not work well for gaming though Mabi seems to be only game giving me a hard time.
  • VenenatisVenenatis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,255
    Samuelalex wrote: »
    I have a desktop but upgrading things is a bit tough for me because I am disabled with limited income therefor I am looking to modify things a little at a time as cheaply as possible. If Ram does not work I think next step will be video card because on board graphics do not work well for gaming though Mabi seems to be only game giving me a hard time.
    You can buy the star shards from players and not to be rude, but it's hard to expect any game to run on integrated graphics without issues.
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    edited March 2, 2017
    I didnt really have memory issues until G18 so i guess its a matter of the game being too damanding and resource heavy with newer additions i dunno. Usually things are tested over different types of systems for stability just a thought. At least the event item can be traded in unrestored form so im not excluded completely so thats a relief.