Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Where to get the cool outfits

zarkthegreatzarkthegreat
Mabinogi Rep: 200
in General Chat
I'm not sure where people get the cool accessories, and being new to this game, I need advice.

Comments

• ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    Pay attention to the events we get in-game (quests related will show up under an Event tab, and there will be a webpost for each new event on the Mabinogi webpage). Some of them have fun outfits as rewards! Outside of events, anything that you can't get from an NPC or sew yourself is from gachapons (real money gambling rip). You can also look on the Auction House to see if any players are trading an outfit you want for in-game gold!
    Sherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited April 8, 2022
    Shakaya wrote: »
    Pay attention to the events we get in-game (quests related will show up under an Event tab, and there will be a webpost for each new event on the Mabinogi webpage). Some of them have fun outfits as rewards! Outside of events, anything that you can't get from an NPC or sew yourself is from gachapons (real money gambling rip). You can also look on the Auction House to see if any players are trading an outfit you want for in-game gold!

Hey whoa there, you're going to make them get sticker shock. As soon as they see anything on the auction house the next thing is gonna be...how do I make gold? I am not making gold fast enough. Everything is too expensive. Nevermind I am gonna go back to playing previous game.

This is another reason why they should bring back shop bags.

:D
    ShakayaSherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    If you are starting out and have very little gold, you can still dress like you're going out dancing at a club. Visit Malcolm, in Tir Chonaill. Under Casual he sells Ceremonial Dress for 8,000 gold. Its a tight tube dress with a small open jacket and waist belt. It looks nice if you're a sticc or thicc. Any race can wear it. If you are not a giant then go visit Simon in Dunbarton. Under shoes he sells Ella's Strap Boots for 36,000 gold. They are a just below the knee boot with a 2"-ish heal and visible laces. If you're a giant, you're stuck with flats, unless you find stuff from the sources already mention earlier in this thread.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited April 8, 2022
    If you want, you can preview everything that is available by going into the Dressing Room.

FrJDrqi.png

es7LjW5.png

This is a great way to store your outfits too.

Then from there you can search to see if those items are available on the market by perusing Dunbarten market areas or the Auction House which is this icon here.

u11DTvu.png

I might got some freebie items for you if ya like. My name is Crimson in game as well on the Nao server - which is soon to be merged and will become the Erinn server on 4/14/22.
    SherriCyborgJirozinki
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    My recommendation for somebody first starting out: Today's 20 mil outfit is tomorrow's 2 mil outfit. Outfits tend to get re-released a few months or even a year later in far greater numbers, making them much easier to get. Also, don't get discouraged by the versions with idle animations, which tend to reach the 100s of millions in price. You can pair non-idle outfits with certain handheld or "chair" items to have a cute idle pose.

Sherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Policroma wrote: »
    My recommendation for somebody first starting out: Today's 20 mil outfit is tomorrow's 2 mil outfit. Outfits tend to get re-released a few months or even a year later in far greater numbers, making them much easier to get. Also, don't get discouraged by the versions with idle animations, which tend to reach the 100s of millions in price. You can pair non-idle outfits with certain handheld or "chair" items to have a cute idle pose.

Not for all outfits.
  • JuliaJulia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,105
    edited April 14, 2022
    Fashion is overrated. Don't fall for the trap!
  • HelsaHelsa
    Julia wrote: »

It depends on your fashion goals. If you wanna make people jealous and basically say "look what I can afford", like one of those real-world people that deliberately and visibly leave the price tag ON their clothes, then yeah you're right. But if you wanna look nice and don't mind doing so on a budget then that's fully doable too.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Helsa wrote: »

It depends on your fashion goals. If you wanna make people jealous and basically say "look what I can afford", like one of those real-world people that deliberately and visibly leave the price tag ON their clothes, then yeah you're right. But if you wanna look nice and don't mind doing so on a budget then that's fully doable too.

lately i've just been cosplaying as characters from other media (Megumin from Konosuba!, Emilia from Re;Zero, and just recently, Cirno from the Touhou Project) so i dont need to go all out spending on outfits..
    however i will admit, with the newest update that lets us borrow other idle poses to use, i have been browsing for different outfits more often (not to mention its hard to resist my inner collector/hoarder)
  • HelsaHelsa
    Sherri wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »

lately i've just been cosplaying as characters from other media (Megumin from Konosuba!, Emilia from Re;Zero, and just recently, Cirno from the Touhou Project) so i dont need to go all out spending on outfits..
    however i will admit, with the newest update that lets us borrow other idle poses to use, i have been browsing for different outfits more often (not to mention its hard to resist my inner collector/hoarder)

All games, where one can hoard, are games about hoarding.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Didn't you have way more posts than this Julia?
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited April 21, 2022
    Crimsọn wrote: »

When I read this, the first thing I checked was whether they pulled a Crimsọn and named themself Julìa, but nope. I seem to remember them being more active than that too.
  • CyborgJiroCyborgJiro
    Mabinogi Rep: 890
    I swear every time I come back it's right after some gatcha I really wanted has just ended few months back :(
  • HelsaHelsa
    CyborgJiro wrote: »
    I swear every time I come back it's right after some gatcha I really wanted has just ended few months back :(

It may be on the AH; it'll only cost you, maybe, your soul.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited May 19, 2022
    Crimsọn wrote: »

Mystery solved right here; Julie not Julia!

@Julie @Julia