Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Logging off crashes the whole game.

talex9talex9
Mabinogi Rep: 840
edited April 16, 2022 in Bugs and Glitches
After logging in to a character and trying to log off to connect as another character, it brings me back to the title screen, but stating the "Server cannot be reached", with the log in obfuscation showing and asking for encrypted username and password. This then requires to close the client to open it again. Add that to the launcher sometimes not recognizing that the client closed, forcing you to close and reopen the launcher too, and you have a huge waste of time just to check which one of my alts was the one holding the cheap leather strap i raffled last week or something.

Oh, and sometimes it doesnt launch the BlackCipher, requiring more closings and reopenings!

Is this only happening to me? And if so, what can i do? Re-install client? And this problem wasn't happening pre-merge. Hopefully this information helps.
Takatsuki

Comments

• talex9talex9
    UPDATE: It's working now! Not sure if it was a problem on my end, maybe the connection or something? (though it was a 'first time ever happening' kind of problem) or maybe an expeditious hotfix was applied, in which case, thanks! I'll further update in case something odd gets to happen again.
    Takatsuki
  • talex9talex9
    edited April 17, 2022
    UODATE 2: It still happens sometimes. I thought it was happening mostly when my internet connection was not stable, but further testings proved otherwise. It just happens sometimes and not other times. Hopefully this massive crash requiring all the reboots can get fixed soon. Thanks!
    Takatsuki
  • LoomyOfPiLoomyOfPi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
    The server patch notes say that this can happen. We will have to wait this one out until they can fix it.
  • TakatsukiTakatsuki
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    I'm having the same issue consistently. Every time I log out to change characters it says 'server cannot be reached' and does the same when trying to log in again.
  • NikolaNikola
    Mabinogi Rep: 310
    Also experiencing this issue, not every time I log out, but often at least once, if not two or three times, a day.