Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Partner Stress Spike

LoomyOfPiLoomyOfPi
Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
edited April 19, 2022 in Bugs and Glitches
This weekend I noticed my maid repeatedly grabbing her head as she followed me around. I was wondering what was going on. I eventually checked her stats and saw that her stress had gone above 100, and the favor that I had built up was quickly tanking as well. This surprised me. I wasn't sure whether it was a glitch from the server merge or perhaps I stopped paying attention to her stress level when I farmed a bunch of herbs from my homestead. It dropped far enough that I decided to just not summon her until Saturday, then pay her salary on Saturday, and get that stress level low again.

In the meantime, I'd just use my Laighlinne partner. I checked her stats and they were all fine. High likeability, low stress. All good. I've only used her a small amount since I discovered the problem with the maid, and there is no chance that she built up excessive stress from picking herbs or gathering homestead stones. In fact, she was fine when I first summoned her today and she gathered homestead stones.

I summoned Laighlinne for the second or third time today and whatever hit my maid suddenly hit Laighlinne. Her stress was suddenly at 108. The most recent interaction I had was selling junk to her for gold. Is there a glitch that causes partners to go haywire after selling them miscellaneous items? Or a particular one? Or perhaps it's completely random and my selling stuff was coincidence?

Whatever the cause, both partners are having stress issues. sabotaging the likeability I had built up with them. And I don't know what to do. Even if I try to reduce their stress levels by paying their salaries on Saturday, I have no confidence that they won't get hit with random stress again.

EDIT: The items I most recently sold Laighlinne were fished out items. There is a high chance I sold fished out items to my maid.