Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Gold Bag Update

KagenokamiKagenokami
Mabinogi Rep: 905
edited May 16, 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions
Alright, so I have some conflicting feelings and opinions on the new gold bag update rolling out. On one hand, we've been wanting gold to stack in inventory like ducats do for YEARS now, and I am excited to see it finally being made into a reality. That being said, I think the implementation that calls for the complete removal of all gold bags might be a little far, and potentially a money-grab. Since the boxes will, presumably, still exist and will now work as essentially a cash-shop consumable upgrade, it is going to push folks even more to try and buy gold boxes from gachas and the like while removing the ability for FTP players to get additional gold storage (however inefficient) for cheap. Additionally, it removes the ability for folks to have pet gold-storage, a rather useful feature for having a small psuedo-bank that you can bring with you anywhere you go. If they intend to go through with this, I'd like to see them add gold-boxes as an in-game drop, or something similar, and would like to see them give pets some way to continue carrying gold even after the update.

Comments

• Prolexia_AlexinaProlexia_Alexina
    Mabinogi Rep: 955
    IIRC, the checks system will still work as needed so you can still store checks in pets. The whole deal of the gold bags will be the 1x2's give 50k credit coupon to your character, and the 1x1's give 100k credit coupon to your character. So they'll all be converted and distributed as such. Which means you can still be F2P and purchase the coupons from other players. Might be a good idea to recommend you be able to purchase them in game with gold/ducats in an upcoming event, that'd be neat.
  • KagenokamiKagenokami
    IIRC, the checks system will still work as needed so you can still store checks in pets. The whole deal of the gold bags will be the 1x2's give 50k credit coupon to your character, and the 1x1's give 100k credit coupon to your character. So they'll all be converted and distributed as such. Which means you can still be F2P and purchase the coupons from other players. Might be a good idea to recommend you be able to purchase them in game with gold/ducats in an upcoming event, that'd be neat.

I don't think I've ever seen someone store checks in a pet. Usually the purpose of putting gold on a pet is to put it in as raw currency that can be shifted into main inventory if you are in need of it, without having to run back to the bank. And yes, I am aware that FTP can still buy them off of other players, which is why I mentioned that it is removing the "cheap" option specifically. Paying 5k or so for a bag that holds 50k gold is a lot more economical for new players than spending several million for a 50-100k gold increase coupon, if that makes sense. Definitely would be nice to see them as recurring rewards in events. Would give more reason to do the events for sure. Don't get me wrong, I am EXTREMELY excited by this system, since it will make spam SMS easier. But that being said I do worry about the new folks.
  • Prolexia_AlexinaProlexia_Alexina
    Mabinogi Rep: 955

I don't think I've ever seen someone store checks in a pet.

>MFW I have all my checks in my pets T>T
  • KagenokamiKagenokami
    edited May 17, 2022

Oof. I only take out checks for trades or buying GM tickets ^.^;
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

I am. Although now, post final merge, I guess I don't need to any more.