Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

On combat power and tendering potions

talex9talex9
Mabinogi Rep: 840
in Feedback and Suggestions
This is related to the announcement made through the producers letter on August 18th about the training requirements to undergo severe modifications, specifically the elimination of combat power related training methods.

I've been trying to remember any other reason for the existence of the combat power mechanics other than training restrictions and have been unable to, therefore, if the training restrictions were eliminated, the combat power mechanics would be deprecated, right? And with it, the whole concept behind tendering potions.

Now, if i may share my opinion, i actually enjoy doing combat power training: resetting my skills, finding appropiate mobs, finding and managing tendering potions, it's all pretty nice to me. Granted, some requirements may be a little high for casual play, but eliminating the whole system feels a little too extreme.

If the concern is related to training methods, why not instead increase the ammount of points a skill training can give? So, if now a skill needs 100 points of 'fight similarly ranked enemies'. why not have it still grant the same, but add 100 more points of 'use skill succesfully', or whatever slightly lamer thing, for a total of 200 points?

Still, i'm used to drastic changes taking places despite other far more logical approaches being available. If it was done to wind blast, one of the most fun alchemy skills, where it was replaced by something hideous, rather than just having BOTH things for people that enjoyed the one being eliminated, and it happened to the whole gold system (god, why??), it will probably happen to this too. But that leaves us then with the issue of tendering potions being mostly useless -unless you enjoy seeing the change in power level indicator on other creatures just for the sake of it-, BUT! what about making the tendering potions actually make the character weaker for a period of time? Like, have the stats of a level 1 character for a day without needing to rebirth! Reasons for this? Well, i guess not many. For me, it would avoid me having to rebirth and feel one step closer to beginner's death, despite the generous -yet still finite- plans of increasing the beginner's level to 10000. This would allow me to have more even battles against monsters that i would otherwise can't and prevent me the hassle of having to go back to level 200 to be able to hold ground against more difficult monsters, and would give me a reason to continue looking for those potions. Nevertheless, i'm uncertain if anybody else plays this way or cares at all about the posibility, so i don't know if the idea would be popular at all. Experience tells me it wont. Still, i feel it may be an idea to consider.

Thanks!