Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Are raid bosses easy?

talex9talex9
Mabinogi Rep: 840
edited August 20, 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions
This is an opinion related to something mentioned on the producer's letter published on August 18th on the planned increment of power for raid bosses.

Now, I haven't had that much experience battling raid bosses, but i remember recently one showed up on my position, a giant alligator and i don't remember it being easy, as it is basically stated in the letter. Actually, due to the slow response of my fairly old computer, i lost three Irusan puppet's revivals because i couldn't even unequip it in time. This wasnt on an alt character! It was my main character! And i have been playing for a while. Granted, i wasnt equipping an armor, and that takes a considerable ammount of resistance from me, but still! being two shotted by a creature makes it everything but easy in my opinion. Can i really never anymore be in a fight with regular clothes without having it in style tab?

On that same note, what happens if i'm playing an alt character that is somewhat new and i want to have the sort of fun that a raid can offer? It's completely out of the question! And that is with how things are right now! If they make them stronger, it's going to exclude even more of my possibilities.

It's not only with characters, pets suffer from this too! I once participated in a Girgashy raid, i called a jindo doggy to join me thinking it was going to be fun for all the family. It wasn't. Just dying and dying again, and being revived just to die again. Both of us. And my pet isn't level 1 or anything, moreover, it has nao's blessing, just the same as if it didn't! None of these stopped the experience from being a boring fest of constant need for revival. But why didn't i use divine link? Well, because i don't have it! Am i the only one without it? Does it have to be an 'ALWAYS use that or not be able to do anything'? And that only refers to the enemy's attack; regarding its defense, the damage we made to it was practically inexistant.

And ok, some may be thinking 'all of that is very advanced content...not something for you, weak noob', but there's nothing similar for me, weak noob. Even older content gets poulnabroned and has the less powerful excluded from it. And this is not something new, it's becomming a tendency to cater content solely for the bigorexian playerbase in search for bigger muscles to show off, having the newcommers, the casuals and the players that for one reason or another have their numbers lower than the extreme limits watching them from the periphery and for the less prideful having to resort to stand condescending patronizing if they want to participate.

Even policies that are planned to help ease training aren't even planned for new audiences. Eliminating combat power requirements only helps those that are too strong to find similarly ranked enemies, but i digress.

Well, it's ok if you want to make your game exclusively for your audience of dedicated min-maxers, but just in case it's something happening without conscience, i write this opinion here. I believe that if some can only find fun in doing something extremely difficult to achieve, maybe they're just finding fun in seeing others not being able to do it. Some of us (or at least 1 person, counting me) don't matter if the new content is easy, as long as it's fun...and accessible!

Like i said, maybe i'm just the weakest character in the server. Hopefully that doesn't make me uncaterable.

Thanks.

Comments

• ChoCho
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,220
    I don't do Iria raids much but whenever I try to go to do Avalon Raids (Sylvan Dragon/Mokkurkalfi) they're either halfway dead within a minute of the announcement or they're dead in 3 minutes. These raids drop necessary mats for Erg which an huge endgame weapon upgrade. They might be buffing the raid bosses in response to how fast coordinated players are able to kill them and quickly rotate channels before other players can get to them and get any amount of contribution.

For the field raids, they might be buffing them because they're going to do server-wide announcements now. People might be more likely to go to the raids which means they would end up dying faster which is why they'd pre-emptively buff them.
    Granted, i wasnt equipping an armor, and that takes a considerable ammount of resistance from me, but still! being two shotted by a creature makes it everything but easy in my opinion. Can i really never anymore be in a fight with regular clothes without having it in style tab?

Raids aren't casual friendly. You need to tryhard at least a little bit. Make room for real armor in your inventory or enchant the clothes and use mana shield with mana potions on back up. There's also the role of healer but everyone else might be taking the raid seriously so there might be no one to revive or heal.