Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

DO NOT RANDOMIZE THE MEMORY GAME CARD GAME!

deathsiadeathsia
Mabinogi Rep: 300
in Feedback and Suggestions
It makes clearing it a matter of luck and rng rather than actul memory and skill plus for most players, the only way they clear the damned things is by getting lucky and first try matching most of them since the timer is also so stupidly short. simply put: If you don't have at least 8 matches by the time you hit the 20 second marker, you may as well take your hands off your mouse and keyboard and wait for it to tick to zero because YOU ARE NOT CLEARING IT.

Comments

• LoomyOfPiLoomyOfPi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
    To me the biggest issue with the memory game is the time to animate the card flips. The animation is way too long for the limited clock time. Plus, there is a wait time for them to go face-down before you take another guess. If the powers that be got rid of the flip animations and went straight to an instant reveal, we might have a realistic chance with the current clock.

Alas, we have complained and complained and complained about the mini game in the past. While our complaints weren't totally ignored, the response from the developers on this has been minimal. I think they gave us an option to skip the mini-game in whichever generation implemented it as part of the story (I can't recall if that was just a special generation completion event or if the option is permanent).

The flip time seemed slightly faster in the summer beach event they just held -- but not enough to matter. I gave the game a couple of tries and then just ignored it. The memory game, as designed, is a pure waste of time for the reasons you mentioned.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    is this for the one from the summer event that just passed?
    I clicked every next card and found it easier to remember the locations of given matches that way.
  • deathsiadeathsia
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    edited September 11, 2022
    Fluorette wrote: »
    I clicked every next card and found it easier to remember the locations of given matches that way.

No, its G23's FIRST QUEST. It requires you to clear the memory game puzzle to progress the questchain...

Edit: I've made an official support request for them to update my character data as having cleared the Winter Festival questline's memory game and no farther. I quite literally lack the mental ability to clear it so hopefully they accept my request and do me this small favor...
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    I feel like removing the random aspect of it takes away the whole point of it being a memory match. They'd be better off increasing the timer because yeah it is way too short with all the wait time we're forced to do with flip animations. Increasing the time limit or removing animations would be ideal.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    ....that defeats the entire purpose of it being a memory match game.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    deathsia wrote: »
    Fluorette wrote: »

No, its G23's FIRST QUEST. It requires you to clear the memory game puzzle to progress the questchain...

Edit: I've made an official support request for them to update my character data as having cleared the Winter Festival questline's memory game and no farther. I quite literally lack the mental ability to clear it so hopefully they accept my request and do me this small favor...

Oh, the same applies. I used the tactic I mentioned before when I had done it and if I failed, I just kept trying until I got it.

It's been a minute. Did the support team help you with this or?