Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

balloon event daily

DemoncardDemoncard
Mabinogi Rep: 610
edited September 23, 2022 in Bugs and Glitches
I think most people don't get caught by these aspects of mabinogi, but I did just now and I feel like sharing for the benefit of my clumsy comrades in arms, perpetually tripping over one another's legs.

The objective of the balloon event daily (I and II) is to clear the daily shadow mission. However, you'll be unable to complete the second quest if you cleared the second daily shadow mission while the first event quest was left hanging with a complete button. You must [complete] the first event quest, before doing the second daily shadow mission or you won't have any way of getting credit for the second event quest.

Really, the quest ought to complete automatically.
Fluorette

Comments

• FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    It's been like this with these sorts of events for years now, so it's totally intended.

But yes, I do agree that it is annoying. It's easy to forget to mark the quest complete to receive the next, especially if you barely check the Event quest tab in the first place.
  • LoomyOfPiLoomyOfPi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
    edited September 28, 2022
    Demoncard wrote: »
    I think most people don't get caught by these aspects of mabinogi, but I did just now and I feel like sharing for the benefit of my clumsy comrades in arms, perpetually tripping over one another's legs.

The objective of the balloon event daily (I and II) is to clear the daily shadow mission. However, you'll be unable to complete the second quest if you cleared the second daily shadow mission while the first event quest was left hanging with a complete button. You must [complete] the first event quest, before doing the second daily shadow mission or you won't have any way of getting credit for the second event quest.

Really, the quest ought to complete automatically.

Fluorette wrote: »
    It's been like this with these sorts of events for years now, so it's totally intended.

But yes, I do agree that it is annoying. It's easy to forget to mark the quest complete to receive the next, especially if you barely check the Event quest tab in the first place.

I was about to post something about this in the suggestion thread, but used the search function and found this. I got burned by this earlier today. No big deal, I got my other balloons another way. I probably need to relog and cancel the second quest, because in the past,the situation gets worse. When you run a daily SM the next day, the second quest will complete, and the game will behave as if you did both event daily SM quests. Meaning, you get deprived of a full day's worth of events, even when you run the SM. It's probably that way with this event.

They absolutely should auto-complete.

Edit: Cannot cancel the quest. So I guess I'll only bother with one SM tomorrow since that's all I'll get credit for anyway.

Update: They actually did something right. They reset the dailies on the event. Last time this happened, they didn't do that. I'm still only doing one SM today though.