Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Giant-sized Pets

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
in Feedback and Suggestions
If you summon pets, as a giant, they will be larger than when summoned by non-giants. So, for example, if you make a Butler pet as tall as humans can be then summon it, as a giant, then it will actually be taller than humans can be. Anyway, I think it would be cool if you could make your pets permanently giant (or non-giant sized) if you choose to. Nexon might be able to charge NX for the service. Consider the following image:
lYMaxwR.jpg
On the left, an elf sits on a tiger summoned by a non-giant. On the right, the same elf sits on the same tiger summoned by a giant. I don't think the summoning giant, in this case, should be a surprise to anyone, but I digress. Anyway, notice how much more badass the presentation is, when mounted on the bigger beast!

So, Nexon make some kind of consumable that allows one to make their pets permanently giant (or non-giant). More money Nexon! Huh? Huh? Money? Huh? Money?

Helsa0151+Alexina of Erinn

Comments

• SyruneStarlightSyruneStarlight
    Mabinogi Rep: 770
    I highly support this, and while we're at it, how about some pets that can carry multiple giants?
  • HelsaHelsa
    I highly support this, and while we're at it, how about some pets that can carry multiple giants?

There are some pets that can, even if summoned by non-giants. The bus and food truck pets come to mind. Possibly the Mimic as well.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    This is a good idea. As a human I always feel tiny to giants. Pets and Chairs are always bigger when they use them. Also I don't just want to ride a giant tiger. Nexon please release cats that function similar to the Corgi pets and can change from small to a mountable size. Riding a giant cat around Erinn would literally make me throw money at a pet gacha.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Negumiko wrote: »
    This is a good idea. As a human I always feel tiny to giants. Pets and Chairs are always bigger when they use them. Also I don't just want to ride a giant tiger. Nexon please release cats that function similar to the Corgi pets and can change from small to a mountable size. Riding a giant cat around Erinn would literally make me throw money at a pet gacha.

DOH, you said the G-word!!!!
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    edited November 1, 2022
    Helsa wrote: »

That is how desperate I am to get a cat mount. In a perfect world I would love cat pets like this to be a direct purchase from the pets section in the cash shop. But I love cats so much I am willing to let Nexon rip me off. Having a giant cat mount like that is enough for me to basically beg them to make me spend more money then I have to on a digital cat mount with no real value.

Tigers are a type of cat too and while I do love riding my tiger mount it is just not the same as a adorable kitty mount. We already have at least two giant cat chairs and a giant cat npc coming up in a future event that I saw on the Korean site. Complete it with only missing thing for neko lovers, a actual cat mount. Already bad enough mabi only has Nekojima in Japan server now we are taunted with unmountable giant cats. The cat needs to catch the laser eventually Nexon.
  • HelsaHelsa

That is how desperate I am to get a cat mount. In a perfect world I would love cat pets like this to be a direct purchase from the pets section in the cash shop. But I love cats so much I am willing to let Nexon rip me off. Having a giant cat mount like that is enough for me to basically beg them to make me spend more money then I have to on a digital cat mount with no real value.

Tigers are a type of cat too and while I do love riding my tiger mount it is just not the same as a adorable kitty mount. We already have at least two giant cat chairs and a giant cat npc coming up in a future event that I saw on the Korean site. Complete it with only missing thing for neko lovers, a actual cat mount. Already bad enough mabi only has Nekojima in Japan server now we are taunted with unmountable giant cats. The cat needs to catch the laser eventually Nexon.

Well, while you're dreaming, why not ...

• LoomyOfPiLoomyOfPi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,375

I wanted one of those Wizard Corgis the moment I first saw one in game. It looked so cute, wagging its behind as it wagged its tail. Eventually I was able to buy one for 30-somthing mil off the auction board. To this day, it has remained my favorite pet. But I'm more of a cat lover in real life. If they released a giant cat, I'm not sure I could handle the mental anguish of setting aside my Corgi. He's got a summon time around 8h, just under 10k total level (I really should finish that off), 200 current, and I use him to get around all the time.

If they released a giant cat, I'd likely get one from the auction board. My heart would break to make my Corgi #2. But I'd have to do it. Especially if the giant cat was a tuxedo.
  • HelsaHelsa
    LoomyOfPi wrote: »

I wanted one of those Wizard Corgis the moment I first saw one in game. It looked so cute, wagging its behind as it wagged its tail. Eventually I was able to buy one for 30-somthing mil off the auction board. To this day, it has remained my favorite pet. But I'm more of a cat lover in real life. If they released a giant cat, I'm not sure I could handle the mental anguish of setting aside my Corgi. He's got a summon time around 8h, just under 10k total level (I really should finish that off), 200 current, and I use him to get around all the time.

If they released a giant cat, I'd likely get one from the auction board. My heart would break to make my Corgi #2. But I'd have to do it. Especially if the giant cat was a tuxedo.

Queen Elizabeth sold separately.
    Sherri
  • NegumikoNegumiko

Tuxedo Cat, Knight Cat, Beach Cat, Japanese Yukata Cat, Pirate Cat, and maybe a Bandit Cat. Plus we have so many different types of cats like black cats, tabby cats, bengal cats, siamese cats, Egyptian mau cats. The possibilities are endless for a all neko pet gacha. Cats in outfits would be the rare drops and all the others would be a common drop. I'm thinking something like 8 to 10 of these new cat pet types would should be in it. Cats would flood the pet medal part of the auction house, they would be on the streets everywhere, and the army of cats that have invaded almost every irl location would finally invade Erinn as well. Befriend cats while you can, it won't be long before humans are no longer the dominant species and we are back to building pyramids for a species we fooled ourselves into thinking we could actually domesticate.
  • HelsaHelsa
    ... Tuxedo Cat, Knight Cat, Beach Cat, Japanese Yukata Cat, Pirate Cat, and maybe a Bandit Cat. Plus we have so many different types of cats like black cats, tabby cats, bengal cats, siamese cats, Egyptian mau cats. ...

I have 25 Himalayan Cats, so I am, officially, a Mabinogi cat giantess! o.O I don't know if it's still the case but at the time I bought them, barring special offers, Himalayan Cats had the lowest NX per (Inventory Square), so ... well ... there goes my OCD again; siwy moi.

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    hear me out: giant. crows.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Sherri wrote: »

giant bird/crows could be cool.
    dfhrcbk-c8c3f421-747d-4585-a09f-059a28c3b03f.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzAzNWRiYWVjLWEwN2ItNGNmYy04ZWY0LTdmZmQ2Yjg2Nzk4OFwvZGZocmNiay1jOGMzZjQyMS03NDdkLTQ1ODUtYTA5Zi0wNTlhMjhjM2IwM2YucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.38-685LJl2eh20uPe5sWSzSiUx3nfjv4tVifE6ZIj7I
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited November 12, 2022

... 'cause I be done seein' 'bout everythin' when I see, a crow the size of, an elephant fly.
  • LoomyOfPiLoomyOfPi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,375

Aw, man. I misread your post. I thought you said giant cows. Moo.

... 'cause I be done seein' 'bout everythin' when I see, a crow the size of, an elephant fly.

Hmm. Giant flying pink elephants. Perhaps even on parade. Hippity-hoppity.
  • HelsaHelsa

Hmm. Giant flying pink elephants. Perhaps even on parade. Hippity-hoppity.

Look out!