Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Gone for 1 year what's the money maker now?

EvielickyEvielicky
Mabinogi Rep: 970
in General Chat
1 year isn't too long but im not sure what makes money now. Any tips be great ty

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited December 11, 2022
    It depends on what your parameters are for making money? The ultimate way is still the same: use real money to buy stuff from the web shop then sell it.
  • LyniLyni
    Mabinogi Rep: 845
    Welcome back! I'm not an expert but here are some ideas to start

(tl;dr)

F2P in order of increasing difficulty / profit ceiling:
    * Fynni Gems
    * Baltane Missions
    * Shadow Wizard
    * Big Ticket (Echostone, Dungeon)
    * Auctioneer

P2P ideas:
    * Cash Shop (gold)
    * Cash Shop (resources)

(in detail)

Fynni Gems:
    You need Fynni Catching for this and it takes a bit to set up homestead cages but it the fynni gems you find on the ground can be converted into a 15-40k huge lucky bonus each. Fionnait also gives you pine cones on whistle turn-in which you can use to buy free-to-play reforges and power potions.

Baltane Missions
    You can run these starting at level 60. Missions like Siege Weapon and Counterattack take 5 minutes and reward at least 50k at the end chest. You can do one of each per in-game day. Elite has no daily limit and doubles the gold value of end chests. Elite Nowhere to Run drops lots of gold and gems. In my experience, 30 minutes of elite Nowhere to Run is about 300k gold and then 300k effective value from the gems if fed to a spirit. Normal mode is pretty lackluster but might be better than hardmode Shadow Wizard, not sure. FWIW I do this with a beginner ice wand + fireball spam. Thunder is OK, dual guns are OK, Giant Full Swing is kinda OK too.

Shadow Wizard
    Enemies drop gold and Fynni Gems. A ton of people with premium will spam elite on Fridays & Saturdays. Look for parties with "swe" or "sw elite" in the name. Bonus points if you have shadow crystals or can buy them for a reasonable price from players. It's 100% fine if you can't solo a room in an elite party. As long as you're trying to fight (and are not AFK at the door...) then people are happy to bring you along!

Big Ticket
    You could farm Echostones or Dungeon drops during events which can sell for tens of millions. The payout is higher but much less consistent here so you will probably spend a lot of time between payouts.

Auctioneer
    Same as real life, if you can study the market to buy low & sell high then you can make a ton of passive income.

Cash Shop (gold):
    This is the most efficient way to get tradable gold per real-life-hour worked. If you have a lot of money you can try the gachapon, I can't give advice here and generally don't recommend it. You can also sell popular commodities like Reforges. About 150 cases of Exquisite Reforges sell per day at 1.2m each so of that 180m daily average volume you could get access to something like 30-50m in a day if you lowballed before anybody noticed. The same is true with Enchant Protection Potions though they only have about 90m of average daily volume. I estimated averages from the last few months of auction house activity. Also, one of the one-time-per-account Welcome Milletian packages[1] grants 30m too.

Cash Shop (resources):
    If you need non-tradable items for yourself and not just gold to interact with others, you should check out the reforge and spirit growth package in the web shop if you search for "Package" (needs a capital P). If you feel like doing math, I made this graph to try and illustrate the efficiency. Again you can't trade the items but if you were going to spend NX to get gold to buy them then you should instead just buy them via the packages. Also, one of the Welcome Milletian[1] packages grants something like 70 special selection gem boxes which are (probably? don't know) not tradable but would cost you 70-200m if you needed to buy from players otherwise.

[1]The 2 brand new one-time-per-account "Welcome Milletian" packages look cracked and one of them will straight up give you 30m in gold.