Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Flint Mining bug w/user fix

LoomyOfPiLoomyOfPi
Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
edited December 16, 2022 in Bugs and Glitches
Random players cannot collect flint when it rains in Zardine. Solution is to relog.

I was waiting along with everyone else for the rain to fall to continue the Arcana quest. When it fell, I was clicking the rock like crazy. My character just stood there. In a matter of seconds, all the flint on the entire channel was gone. I changed channels, found another rock, clicked it, nothing. In a few seconds, other players had mined it clean. Again, I changed channels, found a rock still in existence, clicked, and nothing.

Time for trouble shooting. I had made sure beforehand that my pickaxe was in good repair. I double-checked, and confirmed it still had several durability points left. I went to my homestead to mine my homestead pile, and the skill worked just fine. I had another pickaxe on a pet. I tried it on another rock, and again, nothing.

During the process, I stumbled across several other players who could not mine flint either. Somehow some were able to work together to get their mining skill to work on the flint rock by creating a party. I joined it, but I still could not mine the flint.

About 14 minutes into this, someone suggested I relog. I did so and I suddenly could mine flint.

While relogging works as a solution, not everyone will think of it. I didn't. And some players might not want to relog (open shops, etc.). Clearly several players are affected. Of course the real question is why couldn't we collect flint?

Whether or not the devs look into this bug, they need to be aware of it.