Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

CP Gear, Tendering Potions Still Have Value!

LoomyOfPiLoomyOfPi
Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
in General Chat
When the CP requirements for skill-training were removed, we thought CP gear and Tendering Potions would be rendered useless (unless you wanted the gear for reasons other than combat power). But now out comes a monster drop event based on combat power. SMH

If you run the event on a strong character, you'll be working quite a while to collect those pages. I was fortunate enough to register the event on an alt, but even it was too strong to get anywhere in the event without these CP-modifying goodies.
Fluorette

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    LoomyOfPi wrote: »
    When the CP requirements for skill-training were removed, we thought CP gear and Tendering Potions would be rendered useless (unless you wanted the gear for reasons other than combat power). But now out comes a monster drop event based on combat power. SMH

If you run the event on a strong character, you'll be working quite a while to collect those pages. I was fortunate enough to register the event on an alt, but even it was too strong to get anywhere in the event without these CP-modifying goodies.

Well, now we know. Read the fine print and keep a weakling alt at the ready.
  • LoomyOfPiLoomyOfPi
    Helsa wrote: »

I considered making a similar comment above. I do have an alt that I have decided keep weak, but I usually run events on a character I'm developing. Doing them on other characters, especially weaklings is often counter-productive.

As for the fine print thing... let's just say some people have better eyesight than others. When I was a kid, I thought it was funny how some adults couldn't read fine print. It's not so funny anymore. I find the posts in the web launcher difficult to read. The main site contains the same info. It's often too small for me to read, and the web developers have implemented countermeasures to prevent users from enlarging the text unless they zoom to an absurdly large scale. I'm considering copying all the text from now on and putting it into a text editor for ease of reading.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited December 21, 2022
    LoomyOfPi wrote: »

I considered making a similar comment above. I do have an alt that I have decided keep weak, but I usually run events on a character I'm developing. Doing them on other characters, especially weaklings is often counter-productive.

As for the fine print thing... let's just say some people have better eyesight than others. When I was a kid, I thought it was funny how some adults couldn't read fine print. It's not so funny anymore. I find the posts in the web launcher difficult to read. The main site contains the same info. It's often too small for me to read, and the web developers have implemented countermeasures to prevent users from enlarging the text unless they zoom to an absurdly large scale. I'm considering copying all the text from now on and putting it into a text editor for ease of reading.

Tone doesn't translate well in text, I want to be clear, I wasn't trying to be a smart-donkey with that comment. My dad keeps a magnifying glass by the computer when he's feeling too lazy to run Magnifier.

EDIT: or with that one. :)
  • LoomyOfPiLoomyOfPi

Tone doesn't translate well in text, I want to be clear, I wasn't trying to be a smart-donkey with that comment. My dad keeps a magnifying glass by the computer when he's feeling too lazy to run Magnifier.

EDIT: or with that one. :)

All's good. I read your post as you meant it. And yes, tone indeed can be difficult to decipher.
  • aeternitisaeternitis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    Wish I knew what you guys were saying. I can't find my magnifying glass.
    Fluorette
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited December 22, 2022
    aeternitis wrote: »
    Wish I knew what you guys were saying. I can't find my magnifying glass.

9VLv4cX.png
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    I know LOL
    When it said CP requirements would no longer be an issue for training... I somehow thought it meant the concept of CP was going to be eliminated entirely.

Nah... just the training requirements involving such..... so the title does hold.

At least I DIDN'T toss away all those Tendering Potions I had stocked in a pet inventory. I really was going to. :/