Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

changing Meteor refill time

DancerhaukDancerhauk
Mabinogi Rep: 1,110
in Feedback and Suggestions
I don't know if anyone else has become frustrated with how long it takes for Meteor to refill once you use it. I am trying to finish my rank one on it and it just takes far too long to refill when I want to use it. Eight minute cool down is a little much and makes no sense. So maybe in the near future Mabi can do something to change that. Also I would like to suggest that you change the Commerceing for Iria be just Iria and not having to come and go across the water it takes too long for the boats and by the time I get to one place it's going to another it's really a pain in the kiester....so Maybe we could just have Iria be on Iria and uladh be only on uladh.

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited January 4, 2023
    The cooldown for meteor is actually 15 minutes but Bachram Boost does instantly refresh the cooldown time and can be triggered every 8 to 10 minutes. Meteor will be changed slightly when we get the Renovation Season 4 Update that Korea got recently. However as far as I know the changes to meteor will just remove the screen shaking effect and maybe reduce the noise it makes. Personally I don't want the cooldown reduced until that happens cause I don't want a bunch of players spamming meteor in pvp in Dunbarton shaking the whole zone to the point where it is difficult to move around. The screen shaking effect also makes the skill feel more realistic and powerful so when they add that change I hope it can be changed whenever we want in options. Simple solution would be to reduce Meteor cooldown to 7 minutes cutting it in half and making Meteor unusable in Towns (except for Shadow Missions/ Story Missions of any kind).

We need the ship times reduced not removed. Two changes would fix this is make the total travel time to Iria by ship the same length as the Belvast to Uladh travel time. It only takes like 5 minutes to travel between Belvast and Uladh compared to the 12 to 15 minute boat ride between Uladh and Iria. Second change is add a timer in the Traveler's Guide that says when the ships are gonna start board and when they are gonna leave so we have a better idea of when we should arrive there to board and go quickly.

Also we still need a fishing revamp badly. Nexon add 30 new types of fish and let us fish at Port Ceann, Port Connous, and Port Sella. These areas are beautiful and great places for future fishing events that are just being wasted.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Negumiko wrote: »
    The cooldown for meteor is actually 15 minutes ...

Didn't it used to be half an hour?
  • FragarachFragarach
    Mabinogi Rep: 735
    Just use time shift. It allows you to drop a hilarious total of 6 meteorites on some poor monsters head. If Bachram Boost triggers in the middle of all that, all the better.
  • LoomyOfPiLoomyOfPi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
    Fragarach wrote: »
    Just use time shift. It allows you to drop a hilarious total of 6 meteorites on some poor monsters head. If Bachram Boost triggers in the middle of all that, all the better.

Quite fun indeed. I've often used it to clear out the plethora of Poisoned Sasquatch monsters. And their respawns. And I've used it on Emerald Golems a fair number of times. I highly recommend ranking up Time Shift and using it on Meteor Strike. Even at lower ranks, having that Technique gives you the opportunity to drop one extra meteor.

But to be fair, it takes quite of bit of effort to first acquire Time Shift and then rank it up to that level. So I can empathize the initial struggle.

And even with the highest rank of Time Shift, there are times I've bemoaned the cooldown. For instance, there have been occasions when I've been soloing the Grandmaster Mission (First Mission, 4-Player) that have driven me to sit around and do nothing but wait. I can handle most waves with relative ease. But there are a few bosses with special skills that are incredibly dangerous to face. Some of them take more than one r1 Meteor Strike hits to vanquish. When that happens, I'm out of meteors until the cooldown resets, which can be quite the issue if the next wave also has a killer boss begging to be hit by a meteor. I mean, I get by, but when it happens the wait is a pain.

I could see it be lowered down to ten minutes. But with the Bachram Boost in play, there's no real need to go lower than that.

Negumiko wrote: »
    We need the ship times reduced not removed.

Agreed. Boarding and transit times alike. For me, it's the worst aspect to doing commerce.