Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

No Mobile Payment Options

PectylPectyl
Mabinogi Rep: 1,715
edited August 6, 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions
Context:
In somewhere around spring 2022 I noticed that I couldn’t make phone purchases for NX using the “Other prepaid methods” option, at first I assumed it was a bug or issue because of the odd way the payment option OneBip acted once you clicked pay the payment page was completely white at first, then when the issue persisted through summer I got more curious but I was also preparing to travel and so I did, but when I returned from my vacation later that summer I tried to make a purchase again and still nothing and that’s when I decided to contact Nexon support back in August, after a little back and forth Nexon support found that they couldn’t do much in this case and that I had to contact OneBip myself, I was given some information to ease OneBip’s work in my case and OneBip quickly replied, however the bad news was that they no longer supported mobile payment in my home country of Denmark, why? They didn’t know/have an exact reason.
Getting this information back to Nexon support in early December also didn’t help as there was apparently little they could/would do and explained that I should make a post here about it, I explained that it would probably not help since this is such a niche issue and knowing how little activity there is around here these days, but I decided a few days ago to make a post anyway, nothing to lose right?

Solutions:
*The simple solution would be to remove OneBip from the purchasing options found when choosing Denmark as a country to purchase NX from.

*The better one would be to introduce more options like there used to be, OneBip was not always the only mobile purchasing option for NX there used to be at least 2-3 others, but for reasons unknown to me they were removed until only OneBip was left.

Conclusion:
There used to be more mobile payment options for Denmark, and they would sometimes not work properly for a few days or weeks even, but there were always backup options in case a sale was ongoing or something time limited caught my eye and I simply didn’t have the time to wait, now there are none as the only mobile payment option has stopped its services for Denmark.

You may also be wondering why I am adamant about using the mobile payment option when there are other options, but it’s simple really it makes more economically sense and easier to justify for me to pay through my phone and get a phone bill later, then it would be to consider if I want to spend my 250 Kr on actual games, dlc, or 30K NX, yes it’s very expensive when your not using Euro or Dollar currencies another thing Nexon NA has never addressed.

(Update: 07-30-2023)
Many sales, time limited content and stuff I actually would have purchased have come and gone, and I have so far seen no changes for the better, I hope that Nexon NA would take a look at this and try to find a solution, but as I explained to the Nexon NA support this is simply too niche of an issue for Nexon NA to care enough about and so I continue to wait for the day Nexon NA finds a solution to this issue.

Thank you for reading

Comments

• PectylPectyl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,715
    Edited for better clarification, and more details and context.