Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why does this particular forum exist?

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,390
in Erinn Chat
We're down to one commercial server, so the contents of this forum can be seconded to the General Chat forum. That makes sense, right?

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Yeah I agree, since we're one server now I think it's time to retire this section.

What do you think @Arciellia ?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    Yeah I agree, since we're one server now I think it's time to retire this section.

What do you think @Arciellia ?

I agree with your agreeing with me; what do you think @Arciellia?
  • ArcielliaArciellia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,630
    Member, Administrator, Nexon
    Hmm I suppose that is true, but perhaps we can keep the distinction between Erinn Chat and General Chat in the sense that Erinn can be purely in-game (as we have the Erinn Marketplace forum section too). If we remove Erinn Chat, Marketplace and Guild Recruitment sections may be lonely.

I do think it's worth sprucing up and cleaning up, though! I'll see what I can do. Thanks you two!
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited July 7, 2023
    Arciellia wrote: »
    Hmm I suppose that is true, but perhaps we can keep the distinction between Erinn Chat and General Chat in the sense that Erinn can be purely in-game (as we have the Erinn Marketplace forum section too). If we remove Erinn Chat, Marketplace and Guild Recruitment sections may be lonely.

I do think it's worth sprucing up and cleaning up, though! I'll see what I can do. Thanks you two!

Yeah, you may be right looking at it again now I am not sure. But maybe...just take Marketplace and Guild and Party Recruitment and move it to the Community section and then archive Erinn Chat into a child somewhere. Then poof goes Erinn Server section. Boom?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Arciellia wrote: »

'General Chat' is also in-game chat, non-in-game chat is 'Town Square'. In-game chat, that is specific to the Erinn server as opposed to the game itself, is unnecessarily specific. I mean, look at this forum, after 15-ish months, it has 5 threads in it.

As for the other two forums in the 'Erinn Server' category, it's not called 'Erinn Guild and Party Recruitment' it's 'Guild and Party Recruitment'. In that vein, 'Erinn Marketplace' can just be 'Marketplace'. To be sure, these forums are otherwise okay, as is, but the 'Erinn Server' category itself is unnecessary, as well, and is a holdover from the days of multiple servers.

Anyway, you're doing a great job. You're very popular with the community. Keep it up!

See? See what I did there? Hee hee! :)