Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Roleplaying a profession in mmorpg

HercuniqueHercunique
Mabinogi Rep: 410
in General Chat
Can a mid-rank Weaver or Refiner make any money
gathering wool/web or sifting sand.. and selling WoolWeb/Threads/Fabs/Frags/Ingots?
Or is the player demand too low vs the gatcha/pet free-ish supply too high, for making money working as weaver/refiner?

I dont want to ask if the game economy is broken,
but if the answer is 'Do Commerce for money, working as Weaver/Refiner isnt worth it'
then it would seem the mmorpg economy aint working enough for role playing those professions

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Hercunique wrote: »
    gathering wool/web or sifting sand.. and selling WoolWeb/Threads/Fabs/Frags/Ingots?
    Or is the player demand too low vs the gatcha/pet free-ish supply too high, for making money working as weaver/refiner?

but if the answer is 'Do Commerce for money, working as Weaver/Refiner isnt worth it'
    then it would seem the mmorpg economy aint working enough for role playing those professions

A quick perusal of the Auction House and Channel 1 Dunbarton should give a good indication. My guess is you could make "something" but you won't be better than your opportunity cost.
  • AcuteMapleSicknessAcuteMapleSickness
    Mabinogi Rep: 460
    edited July 22, 2023
    Sorry for making duplicate post. Please refer to my next post.
  • AcuteMapleSicknessAcuteMapleSickness
    Mabinogi Rep: 460
    edited July 22, 2023
    First time post. Sorry if I made multiple posting.

This question is really hard to answer.

Simple answer is YES.
    You gather all those for free and even if you sell it for 1 gold, you are making money. But I'm sure this is not what you want to hear.

Now, if you are thinking to make "enough" money to support your end game equipment as a mid-ranker,
    answer is MAYBE.
    You'd have to find your money-making-tree that only you can make/collect while thinking there's no competitors that selling minus-1-g off your price and it involves a lot of HARD WORK and trials and errors.

Gacha is from another world. you're using a wrong currency to buy something out of Erinn as a mid-rank weaver/refiner. High-ranker maybe a different story though.

A healthy economy involves both sellers and buyers. Working or not is very subjective especially when thinking only as a seller or a buyer and ignore what the other side want.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

I just remembered Bimbie used to make money this way too.
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    If you ever happened to do those old Dye Well events, and have them for your homestead still, then you could have a 'profession' as a dye maker.

Selling Holy Water is always an option as well! You could do that part time job every day and sell the holy water stacks on Auction House or in shops in dunby ch1.

Selling crafted materials that are used for Erg upgrades is always a good option too. You'd need to run lots of advanced hard mode dungeons for the materials to make them, but it's a way to be a blacksmith in the game. People still need lots of celtic weapons to use for sacrifices.

And later this year we're getting the Part Time Job update as well!!! So new 'profession' roleplay, or just straight up doing those things in game and getting actual rewards from the quests that are a lot better than what we currently have will be options soon!