Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How Much Would you Pay for a Race Change card?

OverDroneOverDrone
Mabinogi Rep: 1,035
in Feedback and Suggestions
Worked rather hard on your characters? Got tailored combo cards, egos, gear, NPC transformations, titles, etc. and realized "ah shoot, this other race is more suited for what I ended up wanting to do?" Say no more! Imagine if Nexon cash shop sold a card to change your character's race, how much would you pay for it?

(I'll note that the current elite hero character cards are around 20k NX)
  1. How Much Would you Pay for a Race Change card?2 votes
    1. 50,000 NX
       100% (2 votes)
    2. 35,000 NX
       0% (0 votes)
    3. 20,000 NX
       0% (0 votes)
    4. I wouldn't pay for my characters at least
       0% (0 votes)
    5. I wouldn't pay nor would want a race change item to exist
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I think this is already in the works. Elf/Giant marriage has already been announced, and Korea has already announced that they will be trimming fat from the game, so to speak. With the Irian war being over, the whole ally system is pointless. Getting rid of that makes race change that much easier to happen. Since we can change gender without paying NX, I think race change will be no different.
  • OverDroneOverDrone
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,035
    Free race change is a tempting thought. Though I'm not certain how willing Nexon would be to pursue it when they charge for the creation of higher-tier alternate characters (knowing they require a minimum total level to use). I remember right, back in the ol' days character cards were used to rebirth:
    https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Character_Cards

Then of course there's the players who would say "But I worked hard on my two-three alternate characters, you're telling me it was wasted time and I could have waited until now to race change for free?"

Pursuing a paid card system, they balance multiple-player investment to a degree with a cost to switch. BUT I will say I'm not at all personally opposed to a free race change :smile:
  • KamajasKamajas
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    OverDrone said, "Then of course there's the players who would say "But I worked hard on my two-three alternate characters, you're telling me it was wasted time and I could have waited until now to race change for free?"

I'd wager that any want to change race is going to have some aspects of the "sunk cost" fallacy. I know I want to be elf for movement speed and archery, I'll quite literally never make a new character. I've spent too much time, too much money to do it. We wouldn't be taking anything away from someone who does have multiple characters. We would be adding more options for their play style. What if instead of that person saying, "wasted time and I could have waited until now to race change for free?", they say, "FINALLY, I can change my main characters race, tysm nexon".

Not everything has to have a negative aspect. We shouldn't assume that having race change is going to have a negative impact. Especially considering all the current and future changes. There's been two posts (soon three when my post is approved) about race change in the last 60 days. I think that adding this additional option will allow the players pining for a race change will be happy. All other players that didn't race change/don't care will be absolutely unaffected by Race change being added into the game. No one loses, and Nexon makes more money too!