Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How to 'Select Storyline' ?

HercuniqueHercunique
Mabinogi Rep: 410
in General Chat
Wiki says the early Gens are selected by Duncans storyline button,
but I dont see him having one.
I'm pretty sure I did the rookie quest and had Duncan tell me to talk to him to choose a storyline, but I dont see any way to do that when I talk to him... no button or keyword for Storyline.

Comments

• ChoCho
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    Pretty sure it's outdated. Last October they added a Storyline button to the menu bar. It has a book icon. You can start main story questlines from there but you have to do the chapter in order.
  • HercuniqueHercunique
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    So, no skipping G1-8 to jump into G9 as a 1000 level rookie?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited August 16, 2023
    Hercunique wrote: »

It's been so long but I recall that G9, at least when it came out, was pretty hard. Changes to the game have probably made it much more manageable though. I'm not sure if I'm remembering this right, but one of the G's, around that, required you to transform, for some reason. You get Falcon now in G2/3; G5/6 don't exist any more, meaning G2/3 have meaning for non-humans; do them.

EDIT: G8 gives you that dragon summoning horn, which is maybe required for G9.
  • LoomyOfPiLoomyOfPi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
    Hercunique wrote: »

I'd suggest that you go ahead and do the earlier generations first. They are easier to complete than they used to be. It takes a little time, but not much. And you can appreciate the main story better that way. Also do Blaanid's Memory Book quests. They will make it much simpler to complete the generations when you use the AP to maximize your combat skills.

Helsa wrote: »
    It's been so long but I recall that G9, at least when it came out, was pretty hard. Changes to the game have probably made it much more manageable though. I'm not sure if I'm remembering this right, but one of the G's, around that, required you to transform, for some reason. You get Falcon now in G2/3; G5/6 don't exist any more, meaning G2/3 have meaning for non-humans; do them.

Yes. When the Alchemist story line came out, it was quite the challenge. Some of it was doable solo, but others required large parties. It was common to see full parties to help individuals along.

I don't remember the horn being necessary for G9, however. True, back in the day, it was used heavily on the G9 Final. But last year I soloed all of G9 on an alt and cleared the final with Meteor Strike instead. Yes, I had done the previous generations, but most of the work was accomplished through the stats from skills. There are many mechanics in the game to rank up skills quickly, and the current event makes it possible even faster.

• ChoCho
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    Late reply and you probably already figured it out but yeah you can skip to g9. The gens are separated into chapters. G1-3 is Chapter 1, G9-12 is Chapter 3. But you can't skip to G11. You have to do G9, 10, then you get 11. It can be a little annoying if you already did the gens on another character but you need something from the middle of the chapter like Rain Cast or Divine Link.
  • LoomyOfPiLoomyOfPi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
    edited September 4, 2023
    Helsa wrote: »

LoomyOfPi wrote: »
    Yes. When the Alchemist story line came out, it was quite the challenge. Some of it was doable solo, but others required large parties. It was common to see full parties to help individuals along.

I don't remember the horn being necessary for G9, however. True, back in the day, it was used heavily on the G9 Final. But last year I soloed all of G9 on an alt and cleared the final with Meteor Strike instead. Yes, I had done the previous generations, but most of the work was accomplished through the stats from skills. There are many mechanics in the game to rank up skills quickly, and the current event makes it possible even faster.

An update just for your reference...
    We were both right to some extent.

I just completed (solo) G9 on an alt. I skipped the Dragon story. There is a step in G9 that gives the bugle to players who skipped G7 and G8. The game mechanics expect players to use it in the second half of the G9 finale. However, a well-placed Meteor Strike absolutely can one-hit the boss en lieu of the horn.