Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dan Test changes

FalskullFalskull
Mabinogi Rep: 1,385
in Feedback and Suggestions
The fact that you lose 2000 points on death is insane when it used to be only 200 so instead of making dan test easier with the latest changes things like death mark is a lot harder now.

Comments

• YukitoYukito
    Mabinogi Rep: 930
    First of all, I agree that the death penalty needs to be lessened. 2000 seems too much.

I immediately thought the same thing once I started doing Death Mark Dan 3 test. I failed it 5 times in a row barely getting 2,000 to 5,000 points because of the death penalty. Then I started trying new things and finally got my SS. It seems you need a completely different strategy now than how it used to be done.

In Options, change CTRL-Key Target System to "Current Target" because you will be constantly moving your mouse away from your target to do Anchor Rushes. What you need to do now is start the test by defeating a either one of the 2 yellow ghosts: leave the other one alive with full health. Target the hellcat who is currently attacking you, hitting it with Death Mark when possible. Then proceed to slowly attack that hellcat to draw in enemies, as soon as the 1 alive yellow ghost is getting near you to attack, you Anchor Rush away from it. Even if you start getting hit, Anchor Rush out of the enemy's combo. because of the way the enemies are, you may have to anchor rush after every single hit on a death marked hell cat, and the only time you will get 2+ hits is when the yellow ghost is off in a different corner and it has loaded Defense, Counterattack, or Windmill. When a hellcat is defeated, let the next one aggro you first, try to intercept it and death mark it.

The new Death Mark test is played entirely defensive/evasive. You keep only two enemies aggro'd to you and if you accidentally hit the wrong hellcat, you need to use Crisis Escape.
  • AkikasaAkikasa
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    I have about 300 ms lag. Now Dan tests mostly impossible for me. Thank you Ferghuses. I meant Nexon.