Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Blocking & blacklisting and the problems with it

JevarJevar
Mabinogi Rep: 1,205
edited September 13, 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions
Hello fellow milletians,

I and some friends have recently ran into some problems with the blocking and blacklisting options.
Specifically, and as a lot of you probably already know, you can't blacklist someone without seeing their in game char (you can block by adding them but it works differently). Meaning they can still note you. Right now me and my friends are being basically harassed by someone and it's because of this system of blocking/blacklisting being so faulty. Even if I blacklist them, they can still note, see you and go to your homestead, and potentially lock your hs on a different channel if they enter or request to enter from a different channel. It's made me realize we need a change.

Instead, I would like to be able to blacklist someone so they can't note me at all, can't see me, and can't enter my hs (AND I would like to be able to do so from typing their ign in and not having to be near them). I think blocking could be a different option, because we need options. I understand some people have concerns about the person you blacklist, knowing that you blacklisted them if they can't see you anymore either, HOWEVER, some of us do still want this option, and I don't think that's too much to ask. A person called Crimson brought up something similar about this problem back in June/July but I wanted to bring it back up because it was either ignored or didn't get enough attention.

My friends and I are tired of not having an option to deal with the more creepy players of mabinogi and at this point I've considered quitting the game altogether. (We did send in a ticket for help but the harassment problem was unable to be resolved)

So please bring attention to this post and link it to your fellow mabi players, and let me know your thoughts, or simply comment to help support this suggestion.

-Jevar
EriyuNioughtHardmuscleAtheist42
  1. Players should be able to blacklist others so they can't see, note, or enter their hs.8 votes
    1. Yes, I would like that option.
       100% (8 votes)
    2. No, I disagree (explain in comments)
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,850
    Adding to this, blocking their party ads as well. The blacklist feature truly does need work.
    NioughtJolinarHardmuscleAtheist42
  • JolinarJolinar
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    People been complaining about this for a long time, really hope the Devs do some work on it. It's not right for doors to be left open for someone you blocked to troll that hard. they need to at least lock them out of your homestead, would be nice for the players being harassed if the notes and mail were blocked too.
    TwelieNioughtAtheist42
  • NioughtNiought
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    Same. I keep seeing more posts about people wishing for a block/blacklist update, I hope we'll get one soon.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 710
    I'd like to block chairs. Big chairs that take up the scenery.
    Atheist42
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,755
    Hard agree. I was being stalked and harassed at one point by someone and I had to take so many steps and measures just to not see their existence. Had to report them multiple times for unwanted contact with Nexon and it was just a weird ordeal. The player should have more options and power over this.
    Niought