Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Toggle Availability for Keith's PTJ?

LeineiLeinei
Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
in Feedback and Suggestions
Ok, so I'm sure you've all had that once in a while thing where you're doing some AFK fishing (like for the current fishing event) or something where you're away, and you get a PM or message saying you're someone's target for the Keith Part Time Job where they have to deliver to you a package. Can there be made a way to toggle off your availability for it. For example, when you say you're Away or any of the other status that don't equate to Online and active? I feel it's a bit unfair to those trying to complete the job if people aren't readily available and they find a non-responsive player at the end of their line.

Either that, or can they make it so all the player has to do to complete the PTJ is to mail it to that person?

Leinei of Erinn
yratos

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited October 5, 2023
    No because everyone would then just use that feature to turn it off entirely and then no one would be able to complete that part time job.

Plus I use that job as semi passive income so absolutely no. Sorry Leinei. If it makes you feel better most of us who do that job don't take it personally when you don't answer. We wait for the next round and chill.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Crimsọn wrote: »
    No because everyone would then just use that feature to turn it off entirely and then no one would be able to complete that part time job.

Plus I use that job as semi passive income so absolutely no. Sorry Leinei. If it makes you feel better most of us who do that job don't take it personally when you don't answer. We wait for the next round and chill.

That's fair. I just feel bad whenever I'm AFK and I miss someone running that job. =T
  • yratosyratos
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    edited October 7, 2023
    Leinei wrote: »
    Ok, so I'm sure you've all had that once in a while thing where you're doing some AFK fishing (like for the current fishing event) or something where you're away, and you get a PM or message saying you're someone's target for the Keith Part Time Job where they have to deliver to you a package. Can there be made a way to toggle off your availability for it. For example, when you say you're Away or any of the other status that don't equate to Online and active? I feel it's a bit unfair to those trying to complete the job if people aren't readily available and they find a non-responsive player at the end of their line.

Either that, or can they make it so all the player has to do to complete the PTJ is to mail it to that person?

Leinei of Erinn

Your suggestion itself is perfectly fine, and you're absolutely correct to highlight the problem with this part time job!

An addition could be for the game to detect people as idle and auto-switch 'online' statuses to 'away'. This way, both automatically and manually, only people who are likely available are selected.

In the fantasy land that every single player schemes against the PTJ and sets themselves as away, a fail-safe could be applied and you are instead directed to an NPC to deliver if every single person chose to boycott the PTJ or you happen to start it immediately after a maintenance.