Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Fynn pet appearance change

noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
edited October 25, 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions
am I the only one who finds the current appearance of Fynn pet annoyingly distracting
especially when they rest or when ur trying to take a photo with them
waCaPyj.gif
that pulsating effect same with demigod.

so I made these:
0nRLu6L.gif
SE88yz2.gif
ycylJt6.gif
kOHSAHs.gif

the floating sparkles with color symbolizing an element would look better
the one I made is just a concept (I recorded the sparkling effect from glyphs and edited it frame by frame)
I also planned to make something like ember effects for fire, droplet/bubble/ripple effect for water, swirling wind effect for wind and sand/stone/grass/flower effect for earth. kind of like some of the titles our characters have but it's too complicated (and exhausting)
it also defeats the subtle look I was aiming for.
the pulsating effect works for demigod but its too much for fynn pets
hopefully they actually make the change
  1. Does anyone else want to change the pulsating effect of Fynn pets ?3 votes
    1. Yes (subtle color themed sparkles)
       67% (2 votes)
    2. Yes (special effect comparable to player titles)
       33% (1 vote)
    3. no
       0% (0 votes)
    4. (ignore I accidentally pressed add option instead of post discussion I dont know how to remove this)
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    edited November 3, 2023
    it seems that some people were confused and thought that the appearance change request was exclusively for the Fynni Fynn
    when I clearly meant it for all Fynn pet or pets who had Fynn Sync . A friend mentioned the confusion few days ago after I showed him this suggestion. I got busy with IRL stuff and originally was planning on making other samples but I didn't like how the special effect ones that I made so I'm currently at a point where I either redo it or make samples using the simple sparkle effect but with a different pet.
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    edited November 30, 2023
    I'd prefer if they just gave an option to disable the effect entirely instead of only having mini effects on/off. I think there should be a dedicated options tab to which effects you WANT to see and which you want to pass on, and for each option, depending on if it's player reliant you can have it for:
    Off
    Myself Only
    Party Members
    Everyone
    and if it's not, just an on/off toggle.

Example: other peoples rainclouds- if this is disabled it could just show the AoE circle
    Glyphs
    demigod
    weapon upgrades and particles (blue, red, erg etc) (separated options)
    echostone
    fantastic chorus
    magic particles, etc

This would work for fynn pets too and everyone could take the pictures they want. That, and it'll be easier on everyone's eyes/pcs. Instead of changing the effect, give the players the option of what they want to see. In the case of fynn sync, I would add an option to also remove the pulse and keep the elemental stone. What do you think of this?
  • LoomyOfPiLoomyOfPi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
    Twelie wrote: »
    I'd prefer if they just gave an option to disable the effect entirely instead of only having mini effects on/off.

This.

On most pets, it looks downright tacky. I have actually held back on turning pets into Fynni because of the flash.

The flash destroys the beauty of my pets (except my Splashy Puppy Baloon pet; that one looks cool). Furthermore, I agree that we should be able to disable it for everyone. I would prefer everyone to see the natural beauty of the pets, not the unnatural flash.