Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the May Quality of Life Updates! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91455/may-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-may-9th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

FIX BUGLES

TwelieTwelie
Mabinogi Rep: 3,850
edited November 30, 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions
Please. This type of garbage should not be allowed.
sEEmYO5.png
These bugles have no cooldown timer, so spam like this can keep happening. There's no option to turn off bugles. Blacklist doesn't mute it.
Eosffg2.png
it keeps going. This was on thanksgiving.
2kL6UwQ.png
I am really sick of seeing people argue in bugles, preach religiously, maliciously advertise to harass people, or just relentlessly spam stupid stuff. This lasted for like 20 minutes straight.

Suggestion 1: make blacklisting better-
This has been proposed before, and it should be done regardless of the other two things. The fact you need to be next to someone to blacklist them means that anyone can spam like this with no recourse to stop it in the moment.

Suggestion 2: add a cooldown timer/use limit to bugles
This would help to limit the spam, especially when there are events giving them out and they're not solely cash shop.

Suggestion 3: have a setting to disable bugles from showing up on your own client
Not everyone cares to be pinged about sales or recruiting anyways, and if they did they would look at party ads on ch1.
EDIT: I have been informed this setting has been added, however I cannot confirm if it stops bugles from appearing at the top of the screen currently. Either way, individuals abusing this function should be punished- turning off the whole thing punishes EVERYONE.

Suggestion 4: Actually punish the players who use bugles maliciously.
Please.

Gschoener1
  1. What do you think of the proposed solutions?4 votes
    1. I agree.
       100% (4 votes)
    2. I disagree.
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• NioughtNiought
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    edited December 20, 2023
    Yuup. Having to be next someone to blacklist them doesn't help much at all for a lot of situations. But, since we're on the subject of bugles, I'll leave that rant for now. I do have it turned off, even though the mechanic for it was kinda difficult to find. I think I do get the ones on the top of the screen still, but its sad because like you said, turning off the whole thing means a lot of bugles from people who aren't spamming just don't get seen at all.

And since its a hassle to turn it off/on, I leave it off. Mostly cause it just clogs up default chat, which I like to be on so I can see normal and guild chat. I wish if you were on the bugle chat tab, you could see the bugle conversations so I'm not totally left out in the dark, but uh, that's not a thing.

All in all, just making a bugle cool down would really fix this issue. Maybe adding it so you can see bugle ping in the bugle tab even if you have it off, plus a cool down, even, since both would be helpful for different reasons. We need more bugle related options though.
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,765
    I do not agree that this player using bugles is doing anything wrong/breaking ToS. (I can see how it could be annoying though) Players have freedom of speech, or what if he is role playing?

Anyways, I do agree that players should have the option to turn these off if it bothers them.
  • NioughtNiought
    Amaraz wrote: »
    I do not agree that this player using bugles is doing anything wrong/breaking ToS. (I can see how it could be annoying though) Players have freedom of speech, or what if he is role playing?

Anyways, I do agree that players should have the option to turn these off if it bothers them.

Its not, but its annoying and it'd be nice to have more fix solutions for this or a bugle cooldown, even if only a 1 minute cooldown between uses for one player, considering I don't see why anyone need to have that many back to back bugle messages anyway. Also there would def be more convenient ways to roleplay with someone then using a bugle-

There's a way to turn it off, but its not easy to reach and there might be more ideal solutions tbh.
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,765
    Niought wrote: »
    Amaraz wrote: »

Its not, but its annoying and it'd be nice to have more fix solutions for this or a bugle cooldown, even if only a 1 minute cooldown between uses for one player, considering I don't see why anyone need to have that many back to back bugle messages anyway. Also there would def be more convenient ways to roleplay with someone then using a bugle-

There's a way to turn it off, but its not easy to reach and there might be more ideal solutions tbh.

Yep. I was more aiming my comment at "I am really sick of seeing people argue in bugles, preach religiously..." That is freedom of speech. If you don't like to see it you have the freedom to turn off the game for a little bit. Just because someone doesn't like something, does not mean you can excommunicate the party annoying you. That's part of life, and OP should understand that.
  • NioughtNiought
    edited December 24, 2023
    And freedom of speech is fine, but the back to back no cool down bugles is unnecessary. A lot of people really are just doing it to be annoying on purpose. And you shouldn't have to leave the game for something that happens fairly often thanks to people abusing an item in the game that could be useful, but is instead being wasted on arguments that should be taken to notes or private messages, and can often get out of hand anyways, with people getting toxic and possibly saying something against TOS for everyone to see who really doesn't want to be involved and just wants to live their best fantasy life.

Instead of advising people to just drop the game whenever they get tired of seeing it, even though they might want to play and others are just ruining their experience, it makes more sense to toggle the feature off altogether like what I've already done. But its kinda sad to block an entire feature to the game because its getting abused. I've seen plenty of people annoyed with it and telling others to take it to dms or whatever. If everyone who was tired of it just turned off the option to see bugles, then who's really going to be paying attention to sell/buy or party advertisements?

Just considering better solutions for a bit doesn't do any harm, and to give a cool down to bugles isn't excommunicating. For people who are looking for a party/are giving people an announcement heads up/or are advertising an item for sell, they only need to ping a bugle once or twice between some minutes--maybe a few times every hour if they're that desperate. Not spam it constantly. The only ones who would suffer from a cool down are the people who want to spam to be annoying, and even a minute break between bugles would be just too much that it'd be hard to have actual arguments through bugles. Its a win win situation, cause if people really wanted to fight each other, they'd finally have the motivation to just message the other person.

That being said, the option to block people without having to see them would also be great alongside this, though, for multiple reasons.
  • NioughtNiought
    edited December 24, 2023
    Little update--even though I do have bugles muted, the ones that flash on the screen are still visible. And that's fine, but we definitely need a cool down for that one. People decided to sing using those specific bugles tonight, and the constant flashing on the screen while I was trying to do a baltane actually made me feel nauseous.

I never minded bugles before in the past and I do think they're a useful and sometimes wholesome feature for when someone wants to send out a heartwarming message. It just needs some restraints though because the way some are using it is too noisy.