Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Warmth of Life bugs

NizutoNizuto
Mabinogi Rep: 835
edited December 1, 2023 in Bugs and Glitches
The Harmonic Saint Arcana gets a perk at Link level 6 in which both the Healing and Party Healing skills grant a buff for 60 secs that can stack up to 5 times called Warmth of Life. This buff increases the healing and injury recovery of Hand of Restoration and Echoes of Salvation.
Under normal circumstances, using any of the said skills should both grant a stack of the buff and renew its duration. But upon further tests it doesn't seem to act as intended. Here are the patterns I found:

Party Healing skill related:
- Casting Party Healing first time after a login gives a stack of Warmth of Life.
- Any Party Healing casted afterwards does not grant additional stacks nor does it renew the buff's duration. However, one time I managed to get up to 3 stacks in a row before some sort of bug kicked in and it didn't work anymore. So there is some inconsistency in pattern.
- There is a sort-of fix where you can cast either Hand of Restoration or Echoes of Salvation after it. Doing Party Healing afterwards makes it work normally...for the next cast only. Meaning you'd have to repeat the process to be sure you're not bugged.
- Regarding the pattern mentioned above, for both Hand of Restoration and Echoes of Salvation, only if you affect someone else other than your own character does it seems to work. This can be either a pet or another player, and they have to be in the same party as you. Basically healing yourself using the mentioned Harmonic Saint skills does not seem to fix the issue for the next cast. Also, only said healing skill works. Using buffs like Blessing of Protection or the normal Healing skill does not solve the issue.

Healing skill related:
- Healing can grant 5 stacks of the buff in one cast (from each charge of the skill)
- Casting Healing afterwards, only the first charge is guaranteed to renew the buff, the rest may or may not do it. I haven't checked in depth what determines a successful renewal.

The main problem is that you cannot rely on a quick simple cast of Party Healing to renew the Warmth of Life buff. You have to always alternate with a Harmonic Saint heal even if nobody needs it. The alternative is to cast the normal Healing skill, use the first charge, then cancel the skill. Both of these situations adds either more mana consumption in harder content where every point of mana counts, or adds more actions than intended, in order to maintain the buff.

I have tested both with a Healing Wand and a Lord of Ruination Staff and the results are the same. Thus I am certain it has to be the skills which are bugged and not the weapon used.

I am not sure how active the forums are, so if any kind soul can post any of the information in the official discord server on the bug report section, you have my thanks.