Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

No reimbursement or rollback on scam giveaway item

asd2383iiasd2383ii
Mabinogi Rep: 800
in General Chat
Note I will also be posting this on reddit incase this get's deleted - so maybe you shouldnt bother doing so.
So black friday rolls around and I'm excited that the packs let me safely burn my 67th and allow me to r7 my ruination staff that i made from bankroll that has been sitting at r6. The burn succeeds, stick happens and then I run a Cinemi anvil (with sat sun monday master plan boost) using the protects from 2 packs worth and get (staff) prot fail, (staff) prot fail, (staff) succeed r7, (ruination bow) r7. Fast forward to the arcana release, im out all day running around driving my mom to the hospital and back and a finally get back home to try out the new arcana and events. As I'm running crom they talk about on discord how blue is way better than red and that they are giving out free special upgrade stone changes and durring the run I see in my inventory of a event reward that i recieved after several runs they are chatting about other things and eventually the runs slowed down and they sat around chatting for a good while in voice chat. so i decided i'd convert my staff to s7 blue, so i pop the item and i get a prompt that says "you cannot be in a party while using this item" so i drop the party and i pop the item again and choose my staff to convert it and... it wipes my special upgrade... because they gave out 2 identical looking items and 1 wipes your special upgrade and the other changes it.....
So hoping i could get this rolled back i put in a ticket, i wait several days and i get back.... escalating ticket to a GM with higher authority.... i wait and wait and then on like the 22nd they come back with "sorry we cant rollback"... after a few days seeing how often i hear that you should "take pictures of your gear as proof of it's existance for compensation if engine destroys user data" i look through my screenshots and find 2 random not so great but showing me with my ruination staff and the red circle with mini orbs signifying a red 7 special and add them to the ticket, adding in if a rollback is not possible could i at least get back my stones (cause u know on the 22nd they absolutely blew me off to take their vacation and didnt care to check my data of the r7)... and all i get back is like "no, and you will get no stones whatsoever, we are forcibly closing this ticket" and now i cant even downrate how shoddy a job they did... while i guess it is my fault i hurridly did this this event giveaway was loaded so badly, they shouldnt give out wipe stones and this should simply be like a wipe option on a blacksmith like the erg one... spend over $200 to properly upgrade my staff and now i gotta use the other packs i got which i was saving for just to upgrade my staff again.... such garbage customer service.... please never give these away again...
  1. is it nexon's fault for thoughtlessly giving out a special upgrade wipe stone and convert?15 votes
    1. Yes
       0% (0 votes)
    2. No
       67% (10 votes)
    3. Yes, remove these stones and make this a blacksmith dialogue thing like erg wipe
       0% (0 votes)
    4. Yes, i really should have gotten compensated
       33% (5 votes)

Comments

• Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    edited December 26, 2023
    Your inability to read is your own fault, not Nexon's. Expensive mistake, but at least now you learned to read (I hope).
  • uoi100uoi100
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Your inability to read is your own fault, not Nexon's. Expensive mistake, but at least now you learned to read (I hope).

Yikes, people make mistakes theres no need to be a jerk about it. Nexon customer service usually helps people who accidentally npcs their items so I dont see why they cant help out one of their big spenders with this one.
  • TayuraTayura
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    Expensive mistake, but at least now you learned to read (I hope).

Given how this post is written, I would assume not.