Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Broken Fragments : Treasure Chambers Update

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
edited February 25 in Feedback and Suggestions
Remember those Treasure Chambers in Alby and Ciar advance hardmode dungeons? I have a suggestion that can make those relevant again AND also help out players struggling with the Re:Fine update. As we all know, the new Re:Fine blows and rewards solo players more because now players are eliminating competition for potential rewards by only soloing runs. The reason is if there is only ONE chest with a chance for an desirable item to appear per run, it makes sense to only solo.

This unfortunately hurts players and leaves a lot of newer and weaker players out from those runs. Lately players have been getting frustrated with recent updates that are going to cause them to rage quit. I myself have started to exclusively solo because I noticed that drops ARE better due to me solely getting that one chest with the rare item and no one else. This has effectively killed full parties. The updates did solve the botting/multi clienting problem but in turn magnifies and reintroduces old problems.

I really hope Nexon is taking note here because it seems no matter what they do, they are going to piss someone off. :D

So here is the idea, Treasure Chamber chests could have a chance to drop what I am going to call "Broken Fragments" of materials that you could stack together to end up with desired materials. (We already have similar items in-game and during events that function the same way). This new "pity system" would help balance out the game a bit more and give weaker players a chance to grow easier and not get shafted by solo or duo elite players.

Example: 20 Broken Fragments of "Broken Fragment of Broken Magic Essence" stacked together becomes a whole "Broken Magic Essence". Then those materials obtained from Broken Fragments can be used to craft equipments, ext. We could even make those materials obtained from Broken Fragments untradable so it doesn't create a gold imbalance. I would also like for these broken fragments to have a higher drop probability. Still requires a lot of effort but it makes the light at the end of the tunnel more visible and gives our players hope.

What do you think?

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I also toyed with the idea of calling these items Shards of [insert material].
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Bob, yer annoying.
  • Bob_The_FrogBob_The_Frog
    Mabinogi Rep: 800
    Better idea, Dungeon points per type of dungeon. And not a tiny amount like crom and glenn.
    Simply put: Run a Tech Mission, gain a significant amount of points that accumulate inside the dungeon guide, allowing you to buy main rewards, make the dungeon guide never ending with this measure.

Keep the reward items cheap and the points plentiful so it doesn't take 4 months or more to build a single item, should be rewarding for the amount of time spent.

Don't encourage pity systems, they'll just use that as an excuse. Make them balance their game or offer a real system.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Which they will never do. Drops got WORSE.