Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Condensed Dungeons

YukitoYukito
Mabinogi Rep: 930
edited March 28 in Feedback and Suggestions
Traversing a dungeon is tedious. I've started to think outside the box and I finally realized it. We don't necessarily need to make player movement speed faster so that they feel less annoyed to mount a pet just to go from one room to the next room. Instead, why don't you just spawn more waves of fomors into the same room the player is already in so that they don't have to move and they can spend more time playing the game.

For each traditional dungeon, reduce the number of rooms and floors, increase the number of waves of enemies the player has to fight until they obtain a key. IMO, I would do it by a factor of 3. Make the dungeons 1/3rd of their current size and multiply the amount of waves you encounter in a room by 3, possibly capped at 8 waves or whatever the developers see fit. If you must give the players a break between waves (such as a break between 4th and 5th wave), spawn an orb in the center of the room and require the player to hit the orb to start the next wave.

Comments

• AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,745
    YES! PRAISE YUKITO FOR THIS! I HAVE THE SAME OPINION!
  • ElebonElebon
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    Member, Administrator, Nexon
    So, similar to the Cave of Trials, Dungeon Boss Rush, etc.?
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,745
    Elebon wrote: »
    So, similar to the Cave of Trials, Dungeon Boss Rush, etc.?

I was thinking more like how Abyss dungeons are set up :) But I would take those as well, any condensing would be great!