Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Potions all being made at once. Glitch?

VicVashVicVash
Mabinogi Rep: 200
in Help
I ran into this weird instance earlier where I put in the items to make ten 100HP potions, deselected the 'queue items' box because I'd wanted to make them individually to hopefully save on potential loss, and all of the potions were suddenly made in the time it would take to make one, no mistakes, with the full MP cost and everything. I tested it again with ten 100 stamina potions with the same result, so... is that a glitch, or is it supposed to do that?

Comments

• NasumiRayneNasumiRayne
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    This is intended function and has been for as long as I can remember for many years. Either insert the ingredients one at a time or queue them up. All queue does is do them one at a time without any more loss than if you did them one at a time.
  • VicVashVicVash
    edited March 16, 2017
    I had absolutely no loss at all, though. I've tried two more times now and everything is made with absolutely no mistakes, and I'm just rank D so I know it doesn't seem like it should add up. I make 10 potions, at least 2 or 4 should be failures. I've never had a perfect streak of 10 100 anything potions before. Or 5.
    I get what you're saying, but just seems really weird that it worked out that way...

Update: Just made 17 100MP potions at once, no mistakes. I know my luck's not that good.
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    Production skills can be very fluctuating at times. I mean, I've even had that one stroke of bad luck where I will fail 2 times in a row for 99% success items (And that's with r1 to prod mastery and MASTER potion making, or even with r1 weaving the simple thread balls). It's really strange how things works at times.

Just out of curiosity... What was your success percentage? Were you in a production party of sorts? If old formula follows, dexterity also plays a role in success rate, and can't forget weather effects, which you want to be chasing the rain/storm clouds.

So yeah, a lot of factors you might want to look into. Also, you want to select [Queue Items] so that you can make them one at a time. Deselecting it allows the skill to create a max stack size for the said item.
  • VicVashVicVash
    My percentage was around... 67%, I think? I was by myself, it wasn't raining, and I think my dexterity is around... 250? I'll have to wait for maintenance to be finished to check, though. It's just insane that every single potion I made unqueued was made, no issues. I had to have made over... 43-50 100-point potions altogether, testing to see if it really was a glitch or not, and not a single one failed. I counted them before and after production, too.
    And I'm kind of a returning newbie who's still not 100% used to the game yet, so I hadn't quite remembered that. It's very good to know, though.
    Should I try to make a few things in a stack with a low success rate to test?
  • TabariTabari
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    Success rate determines per attempt, since you attempted 10 at once that was 1 attempt, had you failed you would have lost all 10. It's been a while since I've done it, so I don't remember if that's the case, I can test it when maintenance is done.
  • VicVashVicVash
    That's so weird... I guess it's all or nothing in that case, then?
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited March 17, 2017
    VicVash wrote: »
    That's so weird... I guess it's all or nothing in that case, then?

Its more like: all or maybe-get-a-refund. If you fail at a large batch, you will lose at least 1 of each material and at most, all of them.
    Example: You are making 10 HP50 potions. You failed. You will lose between 1 to 10 base herbs and 1 to 10 bloody herbs. The amount lost is independent, ie: you can lose 5 base herbs and 9 bloody herbs.