Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Is Ego Scimitar Worth It?

HCLWHCLW
Mabinogi Rep: 640
in Help
I recently read in a old post that ego Scimitar max damage can go as high as an ego Machete, But i have not found another source to prove this statement as wiki ego stats for Scimitar are not really complete, So if anyone out there knows if this is true or not plz give me a heads up if an ego Scimitar is worth considering more then and ego Machete.

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Not sure why you as an Elf would want an Ego melee weapon, but I digress, since all Spirit Weapons are usually terrible to their other coutnerparts.
  • HCLWHCLW
    Mabinogi Rep: 640
    Games are suppose to be fun, If we all follow the same cookie cutter builds and go making bows or fire wand egos ,where is the fun in that?
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,095
    at this point in the game no ego is worth it tbh
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Sadly, there are so many weapons are available that, when upgraded, they exceed the strength of an ego weapon. A cheap fomor Falcata could be upgraded to be stronger than most ego weapons.

If you do get an ego weapon, the cost to feed it to make it stronger is astronomically massive. There will be a point around stat level 15, it will take more than "a few gems" to gain experience. The experience curve is a relic of the past before any of the experience curve nerfs. Think Maplestory back in 2003 where it takes weeks to gain a single level. The growth rate is that bad.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited April 1, 2017
    HCLW wrote: »
    Games are suppose to be fun, If we all follow the same cookie cutter builds and go making bows or fire wand egos ,where is the fun in that?

You asked if it was worth it. I said no in lieu of better options and a huge disadvantage for elves in melee. If you want to play your style, then you can, but then this thread serves no purpose as you were inquiring into efficiency, both of which I answered from my own experience.