Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Reforge Unification Tool

AmelinaAmelina
Mabinogi Rep: 1,400
in Feedback and Suggestions
We all know what reforges are and how strong they can make your character. However we sometimes get very unlucky and get things we don't want or get them on separate items. Sadly there's nothing to do about getting unlucky with things you don't want but I have an idea for separate items.

Say you get a Water Cylinder with 2 Level Water Cannon Max Damage, and another one with 2 Level Mana Max. Now you have to decide which one you want to use or try to get a better one...BUT! What if there was something to unify the two?

Reforge Unification Tool: Allows one to unify two weapon's reforges.

Limitation:
Weapons MUST be the same (Cannot put a wooden sword's reforge on a Soluna Blade, must be the same weapon.)
Can only unify reforges if its only ONE line (Cannot mix 2levelMana,2LevelWaterCannon with a 2levelRainCastDuration)

Methods To Obtain: 30 Adventure Seals

IGN: Amelanii of Tarlach

PS: I'm so sorry if this gets sent twice, I had trouble sending it the first time for some reason.

Comments

• RondoRondo
    Mabinogi Rep: 255
    edited April 8, 2017
    I like the idea of being able to manipulate reforges and they way you've implemented it does seem balanced, however there is a couple issues. The first is that being able to manipulate reforges leaves to players being even strong when it comes to end game. That leaves Mabi trying to figure out a way to challenge end game players while still balancing out the game for new players (this is important because you want to keep current cash flow as well as form new long-term cash flow).

Besides the end game issue the other issue is that no one is going to want to use this tool. Let's go through a scenario. I invest a bunch of money to get a weapon, let's say CRK, to r1. Now I spend a lot of money to get another CRK to r1. I have to destroy one of the items I spent a lot of time and money to get just so I can have 1 okay-ish item that is not even 3 lined.

Now you may be looking at this from just using the basic reforge tool and then going from there. To that I have to say the point of reforges isn't really to give new players things to do. Reforges are really meant as a way for mid to late game players to get really OP. So getting a Water Cylinder with Lvl 2 Water cannon max dmg and max mana just isn't worth it.

Now I not trying bad mouth or discourage you from being creative. I think being able to combine reforges is a great idea, I just don't think this is the best way to go about it. But again, I want to commend you for your creativity for this idea.
  • AmelinaAmelina
    This was mainly for weapons that aren't that much, perhaps the cost of the tool could go down, because people would always just use the special reforge tools on more expensive weapons. Perhaps they could add multiple versions of it as well, allowing 2 or even 3 lined changes. I would have liked to know what you meant by "I don't think this is the best way to go about it" to have been able to actually change anything.
  • RondoRondo
    Mabinogi Rep: 255
    Well one way to go about it is to actually swap the lines between two tool. That way you don't end up with a destroyed weapon. A slightly alternate idea would be to "Lock" a reforge onto the weapon. So you would use an item (like a potion) and select a weapon that has a reforge on it. It would bring up an interface with a list of the weapon's reforges. You would select a specific reforge and "LOCK" that reforge to the item. Then when you go to reforge the tool again, that line would always stay on that tool, no matter how many times you reforge it. You could call it a Reforge Protection Potion.
  • AmelinaAmelina
    Actually yes that's an amazing idea. I misunderstood it at first but I definitely like it more than my own. I'm sure many would love to have that tool/potion. However how would it be obtained? And what are the limitations on it? How many lines can you use it on?
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Yeah, I found it difficult to put into words yesterday, but your idea is basically a credne reforge but better (except it only works for getting to two lines). It gets kind of weird with that same weapon limitation though. I can only see people using it on pre rank1 gached equipment.

The locking idea Rondo mentioned is something most people would use, probably the kind of thing players would pay to have. It's been discussed before, I think. I personally think it's too OP to take the RNG out of reforges, but I could see Nexon selling a lot if these locks have to be re-applied with every reforging.
  • AmelinaAmelina
    They'd definitely make a LOT of money if they sold the locking item, kind of like the Unlock Potion or whatever it was called.