Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mana Crystallization Crystals Idea!

AmelinaAmelina
Mabinogi Rep: 1,400
in Feedback and Suggestions
Ahem so yes, I'm sure there have been many things asking to change this skill, especially for the Alchemy Mastery requirement of "Make a crystal without any magic" BUT I have an idea!

If you do Tailltean's Commerce you'll notice this is just the crystals they have and a new one!

First off! These crystals won't be a skill, they can be skill slotted like Fireball, Ice Spear, and Thunder Crystals, their effectiveness depends on Mana Crystallization.

Palala Crystal
Like the description in the Taillteann commerce post, it can blind enemies. However there should be a small chance that it can blind the user as well. Blinded enemies can't move for a certain amount of time increasing with each rank of Mana Crystallization. Practically a Sand Burst that does no damage but blinds the whole dungeon room, and possibly allies too. To keep people's eyes from being destroyed due to the flash, the flash of the crystal should only be at the tip of the cylinder. When you are blinded a light will appear over your head.

Circle Barrier Spikes
This one is quite obvious, just like the Taillteann commerce post says it creates a circular barrier spikes around you, the spikes are only there are protection and you cannot shoot over them regardless of your Barrier Spikes Rank, it is just meant to be a way to keep you safe until you get yourself organized. Like the normal Barrier Spikes limitations you cannot use it when an enemy gets in the way so be very careful.

Golems!
Okay seriously with the amount of golem types there are in the game why can't we make stronger ones? We could easily use Hillwen to make an Emerald Golem! The stats would just be better than the Snow Golem at r1 Summon Golem and can only be used if you have r1!This would also bring back the use of Cuilin Stones other than for Royal Alchemist quests.

Amelanii of Tarlach

Okay this will most likely be pushed into the "More Detail Needed" Category...as well as many people saying that Alchemy has more than enough!
AeolysRaishii

Comments

• RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Amelina wrote: »
    Palala Crystal
    Like the description in the Taillteann commerce post, it can blind enemies. However there should be a small chance that it can blind the user as well. Blinded enemies can't move for a certain amount of time increasing with each rank of Mana Crystallization. Practically a Sand Burst that does no damage but blinds the whole dungeon room, and possibly allies too. To keep people's eyes from being destroyed due to the flash, the flash of the crystal should only be at the tip of the cylinder. When you are blinded a light will appear over your head.

"To keep people's eyes from being destroyed due to the flash, the flash of the crystal should only be at the tip of the cylinder." What exactly does that mean? The Palala Crystal sounds nice, but the whole blinding everybody makes it more of an inconvenience than a convenience.
    Circle Barrier Spikes
    This one is quite obvious, just like the Taillteann commerce post says it creates a circular barrier spikes around you, the spikes are only there are protection and you cannot shoot over them regardless of your Barrier Spikes Rank, it is just meant to be a way to keep you safe until you get yourself organized. Like the normal Barrier Spikes limitations you cannot use it when an enemy gets in the way so be very careful.

I've always wanted this, but unless barrier spikes receive an HP buff and don't die in a couple of hits, this is rather useless as well. It doesn't help that you wouldn't even be able to attack over them like you can with normal barrier spikes.
    Golems!
    Okay seriously with the amount of golem types there are in the game why can't we make stronger ones? We could easily use Hillwen to make an Emerald Golem! The stats would just be better than the Snow Golem at r1 Summon Golem and can only be used if you have r1!This would also bring back the use of Cuilin Stones other than for Royal Alchemist quests.

I can't say much about golems anymore since Divine Link rendered them useless. Elemental Wave Golem is supposed to be the tankiest of the golems, and it pales in comparison to even a linked owl.
  • AmelinaAmelina
    edited April 8, 2017
    There's only a small chance, like 3% or something of blinding allies and yourself.

Circle Barrier Spikes would get damaged with 1, it just has a time limit and you yourself can cancel it manually by right clicking it. On an alternative I guess you'd be able to attack through it but it would last half as long and can be killed.

Golems definitely need an update...
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    I think everyone's been obsessed with those circle barrier spikes crystals (myself included).

I was hoping for an elemental wave version of more alchemy skills - some of which, I imagine, would fill some of the roles of the things you've proposed here.

An AoE blind like the Palala Crystal could be EW Sand burst, maybe some kind of sand storm.

Circle Barrier Spikes could be EW barrier spikes (not so certain about this one).

I also mentioned in another thread the possibility of different EW golems, which consume only one elemental marble each, and are created with different characteristics and AIs.

Although, I have to admit, I like the idea of bringing crystal crafting back to alchemy (have to be careful not to make it too much of a pain again though). Especially golems.

Also, I think it'd be neater if a palala crystal acted as raincasting, but for fire alchemy (and also without making monsters stupid).
  • AmelinaAmelina
    First before I say anything else, I LOVE the sand storm idea.

And now that I read both of your comments together I thought maybe it should only be an Elemental Wave addition instead of new crystals over. While sure it may be great for Mana Crystallization to have more abilities I feel like it might take quite a bit of work for that.

However it might be easier to just implement those into Elemental Wave like Notsuper mentioned while also being able to give the barrier spikes a boost like Raishii wanted.

SandStorm: Elemental Wave Sandburst, blinds all enemies in a radius.
    Circle Barrier Spikes: Elemental Wave Barrier Spikes, increased health and duration.
    Tornado: Elemental Wave Wind Blast, causes a tornado that pulls enemies in as it moves away.
    Inferno: Elemental Wave Flame Burst, wider and lengthier, still does same amount of damage just has a much larger range.
    Thunder: Elemental Wave RainCasting, at r1 RainCasting only and the thunder falls directly on enemies and does more damage
    Triple Cannon: Elemental Wave Water Cannon, shoots 3 full charged Water Cannons.