Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Grandmaster

AmelinaAmelina
Mabinogi Rep: 1,400
in Feedback and Suggestions
I realize MANY people have probably thought of this, perhaps even talked about it. However I still want to try to see what people say.

So we all know that after one reaches a Master Ranked Talent they can then advance to Grandmaster with Lazarro, and we can only choose ONE Grandmaster. I can understand why as there are some Grandmaster Talent that if used together would be rather overpowered, but what if to get this 2nd or 3rd or even 4th Grandmaster, the prices for becoming one is increased, here's what I mean:

Grandmaster requires a player to have 20 Great (Talent) Seals of the respective talent they wish to Grandmaster along with a ticket worth 1,000,000g. What if to get another Grandmaster the prices went up!

The Second requiring then 30 Great Seals and 1,500,00g.
The Third, requiring 40 Seals and 2,000,000g.
The Fourth being 50 Seals and 2,500,000g.
That would total up to 140 Great (Talent) Seals and 7,000,000g.

I doubt anyone would actually go for that many as that would take a VERY long time, which is good because it adds another challenge to the game for those who have absolutely nothing better to do.

Amelanii of Tarlach

PS: I KNOW I've said a lot of ideas I just have SO MANY! I'm sorry okay!?

Comments

• ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    edited April 10, 2017
    KR Mabi actually got a recent update regarding Grandmaster talents where you can get more than one talent in GM... you could get all talents in GM if you wanted to. :)

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/1484/does-anyone-know-anything-about-this-kr-update

But yes, I'm looking forward to the update because I've always thought the idea of having only one GM is stupid, especially in a game like Mabinogi...
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    edited April 10, 2017
    Zeo wrote: »
    KR Mabi actually got a recent update regarding Grandmaster talents where you can get more than one talent in GM... you could get all talents in GM if you wanted to. :)

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/1484/does-anyone-know-anything-about-this-kr-update

But yes, I'm looking forward to the update because I've always thought the idea of having only one GM is stupid, especially in a game like Mabinogi...

Bleh. I am disappoint.

I personally see GM as a declaration of Specialty, not just extra stats. If it were up to me, I would give GMs more specific and effective advantages, like the Buff Bonus GM bards get, instead of generic stat boosts.

Having read a bit of the thread you linked, it looks like they are at least giving better bonuses. Seems like they're trying to make the GM system a better gold sink. Honestly, if that's what they want, they should just make GM status something you have to pay to maintain. People aren't going to spend that much more gold just to speed up the process, and even if they do, it's only a one time thing. Imagine if people had to pay 500k-1mil a month to keep their GM status. Buffing the GM bonuses would've been a great reason to force them to do so, too.
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Zeo wrote: »

Bleh. I am disappoint.

I personally see GM as a declaration of Specialty, not just extra stats. If it were up to me, I would give GMs more specific and effective advantages, like the Buff Bonus GM bards get, instead of generic stat boosts.

Having read a bit of the thread you linked, it looks like they are at least giving better bonuses. Seems like they're trying to make the GM system a better gold sink. Honestly, if that's what they want, they should just make GM status something you have to pay to maintain. People aren't going to spend that much more gold just to speed up the process, and even if they do, it's only a one time thing. Imagine if people had to pay 500k-1mil a month to keep their GM status. Buffing the GM bonuses would've been a great reason to force them to do so, too.
    I would hate to have to keep paying to maintain my GM status...
    I do have quite a bit of money, but I don't make 1m gold every month. Some months are slower than others.
    That GM update does look nice though. I hope it does come here.
  • AmelinaAmelina
    I would hate to pay to maintain it as well, and I agree it should be something of a specialty, but surely in a game like this having 4 GM's won't make it any less special, in fact it'll make you look even more dedicated to the game if they add it through my way

As for the KR thing :( I can't understand a thing! Though if there's anything from KR they need to add it's that Gold for skill reset thing, but that's a different topic.
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    I would've opposed having to pay bank fees if I'd had any choice in the matter, but I'd still love to use the bank. That's how gold sinks work: no one wants to throw their gold away, but they'll do so anyway for something worthwhile (or unavoidable), and these new GM benefits are definitely worth a monthly gold payment. It doesn't have to be 1m; I just pulled that from the current cost of becoming a GM. Maybe something like 100k per GM talent would be more reasonable, considering this update appears to allow players to hold more than one at a time. To put this in perspective though, 1m per month is ~35k per day, for +30 min and max attack and other comparable bonuses. Compare that to how much you'd pay to repair equipment with fancy max damage enchants, or anything with 30 more min/max damage than an upgraded store-bought weapon.

I just noticed the 10 ap cost thing, and consequently understood how that effect system works. Looks like they're trying to add more AP sinks while also discouraging people from RBing (with the Eweca and Ladeca skills), probably trying to whittle down certain player's AP stores (or at least give them a use for it). It's a move in the right direction, but I think it's too little too late.

Also, I DEFINITELY agree with that gold skill reset thing. It would make the game a lot easier for most people without compromising the game, and I'm sure it would be a decent gold sink.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Does this mean I can be GM Polymath?
  • AmelinaAmelina
    Hidden Talent Titles can't have GM lol, though I guess you can pretend to have it?

I still strongly disagree to pay for the status, we already work hard enough to even get it, why even bother if it'll be taken away from us in the snap of a finger for not paying. Market Prices also wouldn't help with that either, as you'll always be burdened by "Oh but I have to pay my GM fee :(" So I strongly disagree for a fee on GM Status.
    Tweliescorpin99Zeo