Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

CHECK YOUR ACCOUNT SETTINGS

SplatulatedSplatulated
Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
in General Chat
nexons maint for the 19th means you will no longer be able to log in with your username

your email will be fully displayed in the account settings page

http://www.nexon.net/account/account-settings/

i doubt many who currently use log in to sign in pay attention to what their account email is (i know i haven't)

don't get locked out of your account because you don't know the email
CrimsọnRukiya

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    I'm going to miss just logging in with my username which I have used for a decade.
    Sphyra21MrzorbFelice
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    I'm going to be completely honest I have NEVER understood why companies(specially game companies) force e-mail addresses for login names. IMO it makes it way more insecure as if you find out someones e-mail address you now can go about trying to guess their password whereas if you use login names you have to guess their login ID, and password.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    lidiya wrote: »
    I'm going to be completely honest I have NEVER understood why companies(specially game companies) force e-mail addresses for login names. IMO it makes it way more insecure as if you find out someones e-mail address you now can go about trying to guess their password whereas if you use login names you have to guess their login ID, and password.

Welp...just make sure your email password is not the same as your gaming account password and you should be pretty safe. My email is through google and it requires a text message login whenever someone attempts to login elsewhere. Same for steam account. I wouldn't be surprised if Nexon implements a similar login procedure in the future.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Gaea wrote: »
    lidiya wrote: »

Welp...just make sure your email password is not the same as your gaming account password and you should be pretty safe. My email is through google and it requires a text message login whenever someone attempts to login elsewhere. Same for steam account. I wouldn't be surprised if Nexon implements a similar login procedure in the future.

what bout people with out phones, how do they sign in?
  • LidrsterLidrster
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,830
    what bout people with out phones, how do they sign in?
    It is not required to use phone verification, but it's highly recommended, as it adds another layer of security.

• SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited April 14, 2017
    Better transfer items off my alt who's gmail account no longer works. RIP

Hope they let you change your email address if you know your own Q/A. I can't even login to Nexon's site right now to find out.

EDIT: You can. SAVED
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited April 14, 2017
    Sai wrote: »
    Better transfer items off my alt who's gmail account is no longer works. RIP

Hope they let you change your email address if you know your own Q/A. I can't even login to Nexon's site right now to find out.

Oh boy rip alts.
    Felice[Deleted User]
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    I must be one of the only people who always signed in with their email.. Both on alt and main.
    Thanks for the heads up though! :)
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited April 14, 2017
    Harukari wrote: »
    I must be one of the only people who always signed in with their email.. Both on alt and main.
    Thanks for the heads up though! :)

This really only affects people whose accounts were made long ago.

• HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470

Right. I made my account back in 2014. But again. I always used my email to log in. For some reason trying to use my username to log in never worked.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Harukari wrote: »

Right. I made my account back in 2014. But again. I always used my email to log in. For some reason trying to use my username to log in never worked.

it was for people who made their account before they forced new users to use email only

now they're gonna make it so everyone regardless of account age has to use email log in
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    The game doesn't even let me use account name to begin with.
    So i've been always stuck using email
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    honestly this change further proves they are out of Touch with the Fans. last biggest one was direct launch. i swear this better not prevent me from signing in because the email i used was a throw away.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    because the email i used was a throw away.
    Change the email under account settings as soon as you can. Hope you saved your security questions.
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    honestly this change further proves they are out of Touch with the Fans. last biggest one was direct launch. i swear this better not prevent me from signing in because the email i used was a throw away.

probably will

try change it
  • SenyuniSenyuni
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,310
    ive always logged in with my email since the email i use for most games i play is always the same one ovob
  • FeliceFelice
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    edited April 15, 2017
    Quite honestly, I'm surprised they didn't do this 4-5 years ago when they started requiring players to use Email as a "User Name". It struck me as odd back when that change was made as to why they never forced it on older accounts back then.
  • FirelinksFirelinks
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    Are steam users affected?

I'd guess not since it log using email...
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    Change the email under account settings as soon as you can. Hope you saved your security questions.

im fine. can still sign in to the game. but heres the problem. changing the email requires me to Sign into the Email used to create the account. which like i said was a throw away i no longer have access to and before now forgot the Email name.

honestly they need to revert this and direct launch back. and stop with these stupid hurdles/unnessary changes.

• SplatulatedSplatulated

im fine. can still sign in to the game. but heres the problem. changing the email requires me to Sign into the Email used to create the account. which like i said was a throw away i no longer have access to and before now forgot the Email name.

honestly they need to revert this and direct launch back. and stop with these stupid hurdles/unnessary changes.

try going through support