Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Make Encore effect ALL skill sets

SplatulatedSplatulated
Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
in Feedback and Suggestions
the cool down on music skills are so fast its not even useful

but if you could use it to reset skills from other classes it would have soo much more use for everyone in the party

maybe for OP skills such as fireball thunder and ice spear be like need R5 to reset them and for skills like meteor need R1

Dcat682

Comments

• YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    That wouldn't really make sense, since Encore is gained randomly from playing music.
    And correct me if I'm wrong, but Fireball, Thunder and Ice Spear don't have cooldowns, so there's no point in making a skill to reset the cooldown of magic.
    GretaDcat682
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    it is only supposed to effect yourself, and not a party. what you are suggesting is a bit overkill. basically encore is just a chance for a re-roll on a buff. like if you play battlefield and get a normal play, you use encore for another chance at a haunting play. now if they did make something to reset long cooldown skills like sakura abyss and meteor, hopefully it would be a different skill altogether
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    Arjune wrote: »
    it is only supposed to effect yourself, and not a party. what you are suggesting is a bit overkill. basically encore is just a chance for a re-roll on a buff. like if you play battlefield and get a normal play, you use encore for another chance at a haunting play. now if they did make something to reset long cooldown skills like sakura abyss and meteor, hopefully it would be a different skill altogether

but why would need buff reroll when the cool down on music is already stupid fast
  • SgiathachSgiathach
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,095
    do not support we dont need 3 min cooldown on meteor or a 3min cooldown on trans.. Demi... Palalan embrace I gess Breath of ladeca.... or the ablity to do two final hits in a row
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Nope, bad idea.
  • LidrsterLidrster
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,830
    Support, but only if it can reset cooldown on Encore when someone else in the party use it.
    That way a party of 2 will be able to spam meteor or final endlessly; without any cooldown at all.

Nah... actually, no support from me either.
  • UmbraArundoUmbraArundo
    Mabinogi Rep: 710
    Support, but with conditions. The entire purpose of Soul Star was to be able to be a Support for other players. I know Encore and the other skills can be obtained from regular music playing -- no SS was needed... but that isn't the point I'm making. I think it would be a great idea to let this effect other party members and aid in the CD on other skills. It would actually make supporting a bit more feasible in this game.

Here are my suggestions for fixing the "OP"/"overkill" idea:

1) Have it reduce CD on skills instead of eliminate the CD. If you must, leave the "eliminate" part on your own Music skills.

2) Increase the CD on Encore itself. Forget the 3 minute CD -- make it 8-10 minutes as a CD. This would prevent it from being spammed completely and would allow it to still be usable and feasible in the game. (Of course, large parties would still be able to spam it -- but that would require everyone to be multitalented and continuously swap between item sets and skills -- which, in my experience in the last 6 years, isn't how that typically works. People still take "roles" in parties -- for the most part.)

I mean, face it -- supporting in this game sucks. Healing/Cleric is useless with all the pets and other items -- Music buffs are too common and are too "fickle" for true supporting -- Puppetry is now used just as much as a damage tool as a support/combo tool. If we can give some true incentive back to being a "Soul Star" (or really any of the other hero classes), then maybe there would be a bit more balance in the game. Either way, Soul Star needs the most revamp/reconsideration for utilization in support in the game.

If those changes aren't made, then no support. Too OP any other way.
    Splatulated