Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Most BGM doesn't play

LhakrymaLhakryma
Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
edited April 21, 2017 in Technical Support
IDK what happened, but most of the BGM in the game doesn't play. Some of it does, but NPC music don't, nor do the field BGM...

Comments

• LhakrymaLhakryma
    Recently for some reason, most BGM in the game just disappears. I don't hear basically any NPC music, any field music, the only music I hear are the login/character themes, the commerce theme and the commerce bandits theme, and RARELY other ones here and there.

I think it has something to do with instruments, because sometimes it just fades out like it does when an instrument is playing.

Anyone know how to fix this? I really like the BGM D:
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    yes instruments will make a bgm quiet but there some music issues back when they took out the direct launcher. this thread has instructions on how you can fix it http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/3036/music-and-sound-issues-fix-incoming

also if you do musical math dungeon that will stop your bgm music everywhere else until you restart mabi.
  • LhakrymaLhakryma
    Dang that's too difficult a first step for me :S
  • LeowolfLeowolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 600
    I had the same issue i redownloaded Mabi and it fixed itself
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    fixed once and its back. not bothering with it again. If mabi dont want me to listen to its music that's fine with me
  • MilisheaMilishea
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,120
    edited April 22, 2017
    From what we could gather the gameguard is deleting most of the BGM files on launch, if you want to regain them use the launcher (or steam) and repair the game / verify integrity.
    Once that's done select the BGM folder and change it to read-only. I suggest making a copy of it too before you relaunch the game. It should stay intact after that.

I'm a little sad because I lost old BGMs like candysheep that aren't re-added by patching.
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Negumiko wrote: »
    yes instruments will make a bgm quiet but there some music issues back when they took out the direct launcher. this thread has instructions on how you can fix it http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/3036/music-and-sound-issues-fix-incoming

also if you do musical math dungeon that will stop your bgm music everywhere else until you restart mabi.

Regarding Musical Math, you can also fix that bgm issue by entering Musical Math again and exiting the dungeon. A bit easier than restarting mabi.