Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Item timeout?

ArogwenArogwen
Mabinogi Rep: 1,025
in General Chat
It would appear they adjusted the time it takes for an item on the ground to disappear. In general, a good thing. In practice...I had a couple piles of gold and rough bandit badges timeout in less then ten seconds! Are they trying to force us to use the Fergus doll bag? :o

Comments

• RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Not happening to me.
  • IonIon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    I noticed it with accessories. They used to stay on the ground for what felt like a whole day. Now I've noticed they are gone within a couple of hours. It's nice because less litter on the ground, but also sad because I liked making patterns on the ground with them.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited April 22, 2017
    Doll bags are an convenience. Once upon a time (I'm old and I'm allowed to say this), we had to pick everything off the floor manually. We had to deal with losing gold and loot when we are in the middle of an intensive battle. Nowadays, we have these newfangled auto-picker-uppers that makes it much easier to obtain loot off floors.

Back on topic, items will disappear depending on its innate gold value. Accessories takes eons to deteriorate because they cost a lot (try depositing one into your bank, which charges you 2.5% of the item's worth, it will cost you 5k to deposit it!). Bandit badges have a gold value of around zero so they will end up disappearing relatively quickly. I am also pretty sure gold doesn't disappear in 10 seconds, you must be exaggerating.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Doll bags are an convenience. Once upon a time (I'm old and I'm allowed to say this), we had to pick everything off the floor manually. We had to deal with losing gold and loot when we are in the middle of an intensive battle. Nowadays, we have these newfangled auto-picker-uppers that makes it much easier to obtain loot off floors.

Back on topic, items will disappear depending on its innate gold value. Accessories takes eons to deteriorate because they cost a lot (try depositing one into your bank, which charges you 2.5% of the item's worth, it will cost you 5k to deposit it!). Bandit badges have a gold value of around zero so they will end up disappearing relatively quickly. I am also pretty sure gold doesn't disappear in 10 seconds, you must be exaggerating.

Yeah I remember those days because I am old too. We also had to deal with impatient speed runners. You remember them and having to leave your gold behind or piss them off and get booted and then have trouble trying to find another party, and then not find another party, and then afk/qq. Sometimes those days still give me ptsd. ;)