Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

On Throwing Attack

AeolysAeolys
Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
in General Chat
I was just thinking: do anyone actually use the Giant-exclusive skill Throwing Attack? It has some impressive skill multipliers and its attack is based off of strength so is it a worth while skill to be using?
  1. Is it good?47 votes
    1. Yes, it's amazing
       49% (23 votes)
    2. No, it's rubbish
       32% (15 votes)
    3. Giants have a skill like that?
       19% (9 votes)

Comments

• KimberlyKimberly
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    Not worth using when you could be using weapons that let you use multiple skill trees such as wand+shield cylinder which also happen to both be ranged.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Hmm, depends. I rather lightning rod.
  • LeowolfLeowolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 600
    Its to slow to be useful i use it on my giant for rafting since i have no other range but even then its not all that good kill 1 enemy a throw but too long of a reload
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    People who are good with it are the ones who use it.
    [Deleted User]NilremPandaninja
  • NeroyNeroy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,640
    Aeolys wrote: »
    I was just thinking: do anyone actually use the Giant-exclusive skill Throwing Attack? It has some impressive skill multipliers and its attack is based off of strength so is it a worth while skill to be using?

I have a crocodile bone atlatl and it really helps lure/deal damage(not as much as a feather atlatl) after a smash or to stop a enemy that has range attack or any type of magic loading
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    edited April 22, 2017
    It's too Niche to be a major part of a giant's set up. The skill was essentially Giant's only form of ranged attack for a while but the option of Alchemy, Ninja and Gunner makes Throwing Attack seem kinda clumsy and slow, especially considering the size of the weapon and the space Javelins take up. Maybe if they added some insane Pierce stat though...
    Considering you can only equip one weapon per slot, and there are only two for now. (3 in a future update, but you have to pay for it.) It seems to be a pain if are just going to switch out, depending on how large your inventory is, to downright detrimental. The lack of variety and inability to special upgrade helps kills use.
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    edited April 23, 2017
    Ok... Atlatls CAN be special upgraded. They can even be enchanted with two handed weapon enchants and reforged. They made an update for them during the Archery Renovation.
    Hinotama wrote: »
    Ok... Atlatls CAN be special upgraded. They can even be enchanted with two handed weapon enchants and reforged. They made an update for them during the Archery Renovation.

Ah, I see. Disregard my saying.
  • NearlyNearly
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,355
    It's a weapon I don't use too often since the cooldown on it just seems a bit too long to be really effective.
  • ApollodorusApollodorus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,865
    Remember when people were saying that it was going to kill archery though?
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Remember when people were saying that it was going to kill archery though?

Yeah. I don't those people realized archery was already dead.
  • ShinoryoshuShinoryoshu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,290
    The throw attack is a epic damage ranged skill that I think is far better then any bow, tho it is very slow loading it is a instant hit at any range. Tho I would love to see it have a faster cool down or a new javelin made that is a explosive one that can do aoe also. Other then that it is the best ranged skill i have used and I don't count magic in this I am comparing it to bow.
    Neroy
  • VMarquezVMarquez
    Mabinogi Rep: 410
    I got a girgarshy bone atlatl with step 6 red and ele 5 and i do 17k+ a hit
    Neroy
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    cooldown still seems too long. I'd rather spam firebolt and do 17k+ damage a hit
  • ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695
    Disclaimer: rough estimation based on the throwing attack formula.

On paper, looks like you might do up to 10-11k non-crit with title and weapon maxed. With 4 second cooldown that's about a consistent 2.5k dps, taking into account crits about 3.5k. Might be good for sniping though? Alpha isn't bad at all. In general however, not worth shaking a stick at. Magic's stronger. Best used as backup skill if anything.
  • YellowBinYellowBin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
    I use it to kill blade wyvern and blinkers when they are in flight.
    An elemental reforge is a gamebreaker though on most equipments.