Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Events (Sounds of spring)

OpalthiraOpalthira
Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
edited April 22, 2017 in General Chat
I was thinking that events like these would be more fun if only had to wait 30 seconds (like korea)
And if we were able to get infinite essence of spring just at a lower drop rate maybe?
Idk i just find the first part of the event fun to do. Going around gathering items, shearing sheep. Maybe its just me.
Nexon seems to think all we care about is "one and done events" Where as i think events should be more interactive.

Comments

• FullBucketPimpDaddyFullBucketPimpDaddy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    Maybe its just my bad luck but the drop rates already seem low enough as is, I wouldn't mind if the quest for the garden and greenhouse were to take more work though.
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    I agree tbh. I find gathering stuff fun but I hate waiting for the tree to grow. And you only get to gather five things per day and then you're basically done... I have a feeling if they were to do this though, they'd make the price of getting the garden and greenhouse go up, like 100 pieces of wood or something instead of 40 and 80. Either that or they'd be put in the boxes instead :/
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    I disagree completely. Waiting 30 seconds per growth pretty much means that people will only get on and do the event and log off. Were as waiting 36 minutes per turn means you can do so much more. You can run dungeons, shadow missions and train skills in the meantime.
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    edited April 22, 2017
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    I disagree completely. Waiting 30 seconds per growth pretty much means that people will only get on and do the event and log off. Were as waiting 36 minutes per turn means you can do so much more. You can run dungeons, shadow missions and train skills in the meantime.

I mean on one hand I understand Nexon's logic of "if we draw the times out maybe people will play" but I just feel like if people wanted to do more, they'd stay on to do more once they were finished doing things for the event, if the growth time was shorter. But with this, I think most people who don't want to do other things are just AFK'ing until the tree is done.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

What is the point of trying to get people to play for prolonged periods of time? If people wanted to do Shadow Missions or actually play the game, they would, regardless of the event.
    Opalthira
  • FullBucketPimpDaddyFullBucketPimpDaddy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220

Or just log out or afk like the usual
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited April 22, 2017
    I disagree completely. Waiting 30 seconds per growth pretty much means that people will only get on and do the event and log off.

But what i'm saying is the events now have more meaning to do them instead of being forced to be online for 3 hours and be bored. You can do the events as much as you want, instead of just afking for 3 hours a day/not actually playing the game.

So the "whole get on and do the event and log off" only applies to the people who are really lucky or really lazy. Plus people already do what you said anyway. They log on for 3 hours do absolutely nothing and then log off.