Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Automatic AFK Marking

GenuisenieGenuisenie
Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
in Feedback and Suggestions
We all know the feeling. We're searching our friends list for people to help us with things, or just find people to talk to.

Except 9 out of 10 --- the person you're trying to talk to is AFK. This is EXTREMELY annoying to have the entire "online" section of your friends list be "AFK".

Why not incorporate a system that automatically places the user in the "away" or "offline" status after 5 minutes on inactivity?

By inactivity, I mean the player has not had mouse/keyboard input for 5 minutes.

This would make finding people to do things much less of a hassle since we don't have to go through our entire friends list, one AFK person at a time.

This also helps guilds identify who is TRULY active, and not just sitting AFK all day.

Oh, this is Geniusenie from the Ruairi server.
KryoCupidsAlliejaneSplatulatedFilthyRedDevilPeloiClefIchigo015
  1. Are you game for this?53 votes
    1. Yeah!
       85% (45 votes)
    2. Nah.
       15% (8 votes)

Comments

• NikomisNikomis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    Could have these people veto'd from the bank PTJ too which would make that nightmare of a situation less bad.

-Nikomis of Tarlach
    JackieeIyasenumintielDarkpixie99Cupids[Deleted User]KingEphyClef
  • GenuisenieGenuisenie
    Oh yeah, especially for the bank PTJs. It's so annoying to have an AFKer 60% of the time when I'm trying to get my falias fragments.
  • rainLOVErainLOVE
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
    xD; yea! we need the 10mins away active AFK status.
    wait what if the persons using hacks /gasps
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    It would be really nice but in Mabi I believe that the FL (and it's status) are completely different systems from the game and not integrated at all (other than a IGN DB check). The amount of code that would be needed to integrate the two of them so that it could auto update the status would likely be way to much so I don't expect to ever see it. Although I would really like it.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    See Mabi is weird.
    If you leave your computer mabi will make it so that your computer never goes into standby/screensaver.
    So for me it's almost like i'm never AFK because my computer thinks that i'm putting inputs into it.
    What am i getting at? This idea might not be possible based on the no inputs method.
    Cupids
  • rainLOVErainLOVE
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
    I think it's not just mabi-
    a lot of games would stop computer from going into screensaver mode-
    kinda annoying-
    I usually fullscreen a black image so my laptop isn't bright at night.
  • GenuisenieGenuisenie
    I leave my computer without a screensaver and alternate programs such as Steam can detect whether or not I am away or not.
  • SoraHakuDASoraHakuDA
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,545
    Nooo then i won't be able to AFK pretend when i get weird people to stalk me! ;-; LOL I like it the idea though.
  • XeekTheMightyXeekTheMighty
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    People still do the bank PTJ? last time I did it the person said they were going to report me thinking I was going to hack them or something.
    Great idea though! Something simple.

And they already have this partly implemented, since it's how the bot bombs worked.
  • ZintackZintack
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,635
    edited January 11, 2017
    Well, I usually pick offline / away / doing business / etc, for my status all the time even if I'm active.. still get messages either way. I kinda support the idea but at the same time I'm thinking, "Stop being lazy." :p
    If you really wanted to do something with an active person then you can always just put up a Wanted party = Active players seeing it?_?
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    sometimes players just don't want to talk. whenever I go afk I make sure my status clearly shows it so my friends will know but it doesn't really help since they bug me anyway XD it would be a good idea to have other players know though, easiest way might be to just make a party that says afk or use a chair to clearly show you are afk.
  • GenuisenieGenuisenie
    Thanks for the bump I guess? Jeez those poll results. 31 to 6.
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    I feel like auto-fishing/music playing would complicate this
  • GenuisenieGenuisenie
    edited January 28, 2017
    I don't see how it would, it's just a matter of the game detecting input from your mouse/keyboard.
  • CaptainroseCaptainrose
    Mabinogi Rep: 640
    Just like FF14 they could add in a symbol by usernames to mark that there afk