Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Brionac?

ShardisShardis
Mabinogi Rep: 600
edited May 18, 2017 in General Chat
I see people complaining on a daily basis about having excess ap, and no skills left to use it on. However, I recall the Brionac being able to permanently lower a boss's protection with each hit if used during demigod, and having no limit to the amount that can be lowered, allowing you to bring the boss's protection to 0.
Since I still have skills to rank, I've only tested this once on the Duke in Peaca Abyss, and it worked very well, but I've never heard of anyone utilizing this feature before. Frankly, I don't see why people wouldn't use this to help them with hard bosses when they have excess ap, (Since the Brionac requires ap to repair) and I'm wondering if they've forgotten it exists, or if there's some other issue with it that I'm not aware of.

Please, provide some insight on this matter, and correct me if I'm wrong on anything.

Comments

• ParadoxLostParadoxLost
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    edited May 18, 2017
    Brionic is a necessity in almost all Dragon Raids and in Phantasm. Spend more time doing raids and you'll see it used more. It's all about time and place. That being said you can also use Shock to get the demigod effect without wasting demigod exp. Also I believe there are some cases in which the Brionic doesn't effect mobs.
    YellowBin
  • ShardisShardis
    Mabinogi Rep: 600
    edited May 18, 2017
    Thanks for the information. And it only affects boss type mobs like Black Dragon, Duke, Succubus Queen, etc.
  • KysiraiKysirai
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,695
    It's more so that it's really only worth using against boss mobs since the reduction is permanent, stacks and they have such a large health pool
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Depends. Dragon Raids may be more detrimental, as you as shortening the time the boss is killed, and for those that are capable of killing it in under 5 minutes, make it impossible for anyone of a lower combat ability in general, or certain roles to fulfill their contribution in that short amount of time.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited May 18, 2017
    Yeah the Brionac protection shearing thing works on enemies that have a "boss" tag on their data, or something.
    As long as it's shocked.

Anyone can do this, but I think the role (at least in raids) is mostly delegated to Human players, since they can then use FH to not use up an of the Brionac's durability.

Too bad it doesn't seem to work on Girgashiy. :p
  • MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Too bad it doesn't seem to work on Girgashiy. :p

As far as I know. It does. However Girgashiy has a hidden "Divine protection" stat, that can only be decreased by judgment blade during the apostle combo, and for a slight amount of time afterwards for all attacks with breaking lies.

His actual regular protection in comparison is fairly minute.

Brionac "Peeling" is a very commonly utilized mechanic. Especially with the final hit adjustments, people started bringing out shocked brionac peels on things as simple as Merrow in scathach caverns just to make it take a measly 7 fewer seconds to kill.