Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

THE RAGE: The Dressing Room Switchback Glitch

BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
edited May 21, 2017 in General Chat
Okay, so I bought a cool Fantasia Box and got my dye full of pets. I opened them all, and is attempting to dye my clothes. Except the preview of clothes in the closet is not working it seems. It keeps resetting after a minute or two to my current equipment, and I have to ask "WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THIS?! THIS IS THE WORST POSSIBLE GLITCH IN THE WORST POSSIBLE SCENARIO".

And so, I am so angry right now, or rather, annoyed.

This comic image sums up my situation.
thisisntheaven.png

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    comfort47f6.gif
  • YianKutKuYianKutKu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    Actually I noticed that the idle animations in general have been fidgety since the Candy Bonanza update. My character will randomly reset his animation despite not clicking anywhere inside the window. I believe this is what's causing the dressing room to reset.

It's annoying as hell. > n>
    Greta
  • MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    Okay, so I bought a cool Fantasia Box and got my dye full of pets. I opened them all, and is attempting to dye my clothes. Except the preview of clothes in the closet is not working it seems. It keeps resetting after a minute or two to my current equipment, and I have to ask "WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THIS?! THIS IS THE WORST POSSIBLE GLITCH IN THE WORST POSSIBLE SCENARIO".

thisisntheaven.png

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do. Are you trying to dye the clothes while they're inside the dressing room? Or just preview them on your body?
  • ちょびっツちょびっツ
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    Its true I've noticed this as well, while I'm trying certain combinations of clothes in the dressing room the game will randomly take off the clothes I was trying on.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited May 22, 2017
    I've been waiting for a thread like this because there is a lot of glitches recently on top of this one

homesteads randomly kick people out to a black screen where they are forced to kill their client through task manager, thus locking them out of whatever channel they were in until the next maintenance. this has happened to me twice now... first time was during the livestream and I was locked from channel 3... I thought a GM did something because several other people in that homestead also got kicked and locked out. 2nd time was on channel 2 the night before last. I'm already getting really annoyed and sick of this glitch

Another glitch is every 5 minutes or so my character twitches. It doesn't really bother me.. usually just makes my character switch his idle position... or resets idle pose... but I can see how it can be annoying. It might make people think you're not afk when you are afk and they might think you're ignoring them. I also think this is connected to the resetting dressing room. I know the server 'ticks' every 5 minutes you're online to change things like food weight etc, but it seems like now it has some added annoyances

Bard skills are 'delayed' now.... which I was told is actually a FIX?? Since apparently they were like this when first introduced and then broken? That's what someone in the discord group told me at least. It's really weird because I keep cancelling battlefield overture too early and it doesn't go off

Also 1 last thing. Not really a glitch but something I noticed was newly changed. When giants use taunt now, little steam puffs show over the heads of the effected mobs
  • XCalibieXCalibie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,625
    edited May 22, 2017
    I believe animations got a little bit messed up in general.

Try having your character run in a long straight line and zoom in so you can see them clearly.
    You'll notice that, during the running animation, the character "twitches" every 1-2 seconds (depends on character size).
    Looping animations seem to be a little broken right now.

I know certain animations have always had slight loop errors, but it's become a lot more noticeable since last maintenance.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

thisisntheaven.png

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do. Are you trying to dye the clothes while they're inside the dressing room? Or just preview them on your body?

Well, both. Problem is, I am already trying to make new outfit combinations, and eye it, but it keeps resetting.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    What about this..? :S

d810816ecba2727bf938475b1c790c94.gif
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Just need at add some xmas music like those musical house lights.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Xiokun wrote: »
    What about this..? :S

d810816ecba2727bf938475b1c790c94.gif

Looks like you got some loose wiring in multiple areas. You're going to have to rewire your entire homestead.
    Xiokun
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    I've noticed this as well. Very annoying.
    Lots of glitches lately..
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Yeah that summoning/desummoning pet latency is back once again...

I think it's time for new servers.